- 300 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, leaves only, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- zest of ½ lemon, peeled in strips
- 1 egg white
Quarter tomatoes, place in container and freeze until solid (about 8 hours).
Place tomatoes, chilli flakes, basil, salt flakes and lemon zest in the Thermomix bowl. Blend for 30 seconds/speed 9. Scrape down, insert Butterfly and add the egg white. Mix for 30 seconds/speed 4, or in TM5, for 30 seconds/speed 3.
Top with a sprig of basil and serve immediately in small glasses or bowls.
This recipe serves 6 as a starter or 10 as a palate cleanser.
Variation: roast tomatoes before freezing for a more intense taste.
Have you seen danivalent.com, my Thermomix video site?
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Veggie Rolls (Moderate RPAH diet)
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Cheese Bread Sticks
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Chicken Tart
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Fortune Cookies
- Basque Cheesecake
- Bloody Caesar and Clam Salad
- Passata - Dani Valent
- Red capsicum pithivier with parmesan pastry
- Double Trouble Fennel and Tomato Chutney
- Semi-dried Tomato Grissini
- Chilli Cherry Ripe