- 300 g ripe tomatoes
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 sprigs basil, leaves only, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- zest of ½ lemon, peeled in strips
- 1 egg white
Quarter tomatoes, place in container and freeze until solid (about 8 hours).
Place tomatoes, chilli flakes, basil, salt flakes and lemon zest in the Thermomix bowl. Blend for 30 seconds/speed 9. Scrape down, insert Butterfly and add the egg white. Mix for 30 seconds/speed 4, or in TM5, for 30 seconds/speed 3.
Top with a sprig of basil and serve immediately in small glasses or bowls.
Accessories you need
This recipe serves 6 as a starter or 10 as a palate cleanser.
Variation: roast tomatoes before freezing for a more intense taste.
Have you seen danivalent.com, my Thermomix video site?
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best Masala Tea Making Recipe
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Soft Cheese
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip
- Red Salmon, Dill and Finger Lime Dip
- Chiko Roll - Gluten Free
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Vegetable Curry Puffs
- Bec’s dim dims.
- Zucchini balls
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Chicken Tart
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Fortune Cookies
- Basque Cheesecake
- Bloody Caesar and Clam Salad
- Passata - Dani Valent
- Red capsicum pithivier with parmesan pastry
- Double Trouble Fennel and Tomato Chutney
- Semi-dried Tomato Grissini
- Chilli Cherry Ripe