- 2 litres Milk
- 1 tablespoon Salt (course)
- 125 grams Lemon Juice + additional 3 tablespoons
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place milk in bowl and add salt.
Mix 30 sec speed 2.5
Heat salty milk - speed 2.5 for 5 min @ 40°
Add 1/2 lemon juice - speed 2.5 for 3 - 4 min @ 45°
If it hasn't separated add tablespoon of lemon juice at a time. I added two extra spoons near the end of cooking time. The Whey must be yellowish in colour[/b]!
Press the remaining whey while forming the cheese into rustic mini-wheels or golf ball size balls.
Firm pressure will result in moist crumbles.
This is what I did - like throwing a golf ball from hand to hand and giving a squeeze each time until a ball is formed!
Use cheese cloth & simmering basket to drain and strain Whey from Cheese.
View second photo!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Veggie Rolls (Moderate RPAH diet)
- Steamed Chicken Dumplings with Chilli Glaze
- Cheese Bread Sticks
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits