- 360 g glutinous rice, soaked overnight, min 4 hrs
- 480 g coconut milk
- 8 g salt
- 4 pieces pandan leaf, knotted
- 300 g skinless chicken thigh
- 3 shallots peeled and quartered
- 3 clove garlic
- 2.5 cm fresh galangal
- 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
- 20 g vegetable oil
- 5 Lime leaves
- 5 bay leaves
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 30 g water
5h 10minPreparation 4h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place a loaf tin onto mixing bowl lid and weigh coconut milk into it. Add drained rice and salt and stir to combine. Place pandan leaves on top of rice. Place loaf tin into Varoma dish.
- Place water into mixing bowl and place Varoma with loaf tin into position. Add 300g chicken thighs on a steaming tray/plate and place on the top layer of the Varoma. Secure Varoma lid and steam 35 min/Varoma/speed 2.
- Carefully open Varoma lid and set chicken aside.
Remove pandan leaves from the glutinous rice mixture annd set aside. Stir rice, place pandan leaves back on top, secure Varoma lid and steam 20 min/Varoma/speed 2 or until rice is soft. Transfer into a bowl, discarding pandan leaves, and set aside.
- Place steamed chicken into TM Mixing bowl to shred.
Blend for 5s/reverse/sp5. Repeat to desired shredding texture. Set chicken aside.
- Without cleaning Mixing bowl, place shallots, galangal and garlic in bowl and Turbo/2s twice until finely chopped.
- Add 20g oil into bowl and cook shallot/galangal/garlic mixture for 3min/Varoma/Sp2
- Add lemongrass, lime leaves, bay leaves, shredded chicken, water, sugar, and salt and pepper and cook for 5mins/varoma/sp2, MC off.
- Line a 20 x 20 square tin with cling wrap (with overhang) and spread half of the rice mixture until well distrubuted in the bottom of the tin. Wrap this rice mixture up and remove from the tin.
- Repeat the previous step with the remaining rice (making sure the cling wrap overhangs from the edges of the tin). Leave this layer in the tin.
- Add chicken mixture on top of the base rice layer until all mix is spread evenly.
Add the reserve rice layer on top and wrap the lemper in overhang cling wrap. Set aside to firm up and set (min 2 hrs) before cutting into 16 pieces.
Cook Glutinous Rice
Accessories you need
Store in fridge.
When cutting up the lemper wrap a large knife in a smooth plastic bag that has been moistened with water to acheive a sharp edge. See instagram reel for demonstration.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Best Masala Tea Making Recipe
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Soft Cheese - Gbejneit
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip
- Red Salmon, Dill and Finger Lime Dip
- Chiko Roll - Gluten Free
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Vegetable Curry Puffs
- Bec’s dim dims.
- My Everyday White Bread
- Coffee Streusel Muffins
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Treens Cheese Sauce
- Curried egg
- BASO SAPI (INDONESIAN MEAT BALLS)
- Spinach and Ricotta Filo Pie
- Low FODMAP Choc Peanut Bliss Balls
- Magnolia Kitchen allergy friendly chocolate cake
- Tenina's Salted Caramel Ice Cream
- Passionfruit Slice
- Peanut Bites