- 450 g skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 l Boiling water
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 1-2 eschalots, peeled
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 250 g smoked trout fillet
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 40 g Pernod (optional)
- Small amount fresh tarragon or dill sprigs to garnish
- 100 g clarified butter
8Recipe is created for
Place salmon fillet onto Varoma tray and rub with sea salt evenly on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour turning once.
Remove excess salt and return to Varoma tray. Place water into TM bowl and set Varoma into position. With dial set to closed lid position, cook for 8 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 2. The salmon should be slightly undercooked and still opaque in centre. Set aside.
In drained and cooled bowl, place 40g butter with eschalots and chop for 3-4 seconds on speed 4.
Add a pinch of salt and sauté for 3 minutes at Varoma temperature on Reverse + speed 1. Remove from bowl and cool.
Insert Butterfly and whisk remaining butter, sour cream and mustard for 10 seconds on speed 4.
Remove Butterfly and add salmon, trout, lemon juice, oil, egg yolks, Pernod (if using) and herbs. With dial set to closed lid position, press Turbo button 2-3 times in short bursts. Do not puree, we want a coarse texture. Use spatula to assist if necessary.
Divide mixture between serving ramekins or press into sterilized wide mouthed jar. Place a tarragon leaf on top of each ramekin, top with a thin layer of clarified butter, cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill for at least 1 hour before serving with lavash or crackers of choice and cornichons or dill pickles.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Croquettes of Chicken
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Salmon Salsa Stack
- Pork liver parfait - Danielle Dixon
- Thai Chicken Balls
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- ThermoMonts Zucchini Croquettes
- Gunnadoo raw Muesli
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites