- 450 g skinless salmon fillet
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 l Boiling water
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 1-2 eschalots, peeled
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tsp seeded mustard
- 250 g smoked trout fillet
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 40 g Pernod (optional)
- Small amount fresh tarragon or dill sprigs to garnish
- 100 g clarified butter
8Recipe is created for
Place salmon fillet onto Varoma tray and rub with sea salt evenly on both sides. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour turning once.
Remove excess salt and return to Varoma tray. Place water into TM bowl and set Varoma into position. With dial set to closed lid position, cook for 8 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 2. The salmon should be slightly undercooked and still opaque in centre. Set aside.
In drained and cooled bowl, place 40g butter with eschalots and chop for 3-4 seconds on speed 4.
Add a pinch of salt and sauté for 3 minutes at Varoma temperature on Reverse + speed 1. Remove from bowl and cool.
Insert Butterfly and whisk remaining butter, sour cream and mustard for 10 seconds on speed 4.
Remove Butterfly and add salmon, trout, lemon juice, oil, egg yolks, Pernod (if using) and herbs. With dial set to closed lid position, press Turbo button 2-3 times in short bursts. Do not puree, we want a coarse texture. Use spatula to assist if necessary.
Divide mixture between serving ramekins or press into sterilized wide mouthed jar. Place a tarragon leaf on top of each ramekin, top with a thin layer of clarified butter, cover with plastic wrap and allow to chill for at least 1 hour before serving with lavash or crackers of choice and cornichons or dill pickles.
Other users also liked...
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Salmon Salsa Stack
- Pork liver parfait - Danielle Dixon
- Thai Chicken Balls
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- ThermoMonts Zucchini Croquettes
- Gunnadoo raw Muesli
- Seaweed Wrapped Dim Sims (GF)
- Curry Puffs
- Dolmades (Stuffed Vine Leaves)
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Inside-out chicken parmigiana - Dani Valent
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Salted caramel sauce
- Coconut matcha panna cotta
- Cranberry and camembert stuffed chicken
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Carrot, feta and mint salad
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Deconstructed eton mess - Beni Orwell
- Sauerkraut salad