- 3-5 cloves of garlic, (subject to your taste)
- a few sprigs of parsley
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- 250 grams block of butter, (I used organic)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 500 grams fresh scallops, pat dried and roes removed
- Salt and pepper to season as desired
Place garlic, parsley and basil leaves in to the TM bowl and chop 3 sec / speed 7. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add cubed butter into the bowl and mix 5 sec / speed 7.
Transfer the butter onto a sheet of cling-wrap and use the cling-wrap to mould the butter into a roll. Then cut 2-3 discs of butter of approximately 1cm thickness. Reserve the remaining butter in the fridge.
Heat a shallow non-stick frying pan to medium-high heat and melt butter. Add lemon juice to the butter as its melting. This should take approximately 2-3 minutes.
Place scallops into the frying pan on top of the melted butter, ensuring the scallops are not crowded in the pan. Sear the scallops undisturbed for approximately 2-4 minutes or until browned on each side. The scallops are cooked when they are almost firm to touch.
Serve scallops while they are freshly cooked. When plating, scoop some of the butter from the pan and pour onto the scallops.
Accessories you need
As mentioned earlier, there is excess butter left over in this recipe. This is intentional because it can be used for other delicious meals; place buttered discs on top of meats like chicken mignons and steaks, or season on top of vegetables.
When sourcing scallops for this recipe, I would strongly suggest purchasing your scallops from a fishmonger for freshness, maximum taste and flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Peasy Chinese-y Spring Rolls
- Pate en Crouté
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Spinach Balls
- Chicken and Port Pate with Jelly topping
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Croquettes of Chicken
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Salmon Salsa Stack
- Pork liver parfait - Danielle Dixon
- Caldaretta (Filipino Beef Stew)
- Chocolate Tagliatelle with Choc Hazelnut Sauce
- Pink Moscato Panna Cotta with Pistachios
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Barbecue Pork Belly Skewers
- Crayfish Tails Steamed in Beer
- Mango Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Malteser Fudge
- Caramalised Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Greek Chicken Pinwheels
- Brownie Batter Spread
- Sweet Filipino Spaghetti