- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 birdseye chillis (stalk removed)
- 2 heaped tablespoons chickpea flour (besan flour)
- 1 tablespoon cummin powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika, smoked
- 2 egg whites
- salt (Himalayan)
- black ground pepper
- panko breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
8Recipe is created for
Place carrot, onion and chillis in TM bowl and chop for 4 seconds on sp 5.
Add rinsed and drained chickpeas, egg whites, paprika, cummin, flour, salt and pepper. Mix 3 seconds on sp2.
Make into 12 balls or pat flat in palm of your hands to resemble falafel shape.
Roll in Panko breadcrumbs.
Deep fry in hot oil until golden. Then drain on kitchen paper before serving.
Accessories you need
Note : if the mixture is still sticky, you can add a tablespoon of fresh breadcrumbs. I use Panko breadcrumbs to coat as it gives the falafels a lovely crunchy coating.
You can also leave out the chilli if you want to serve to the kiddies.
Don't forget you can do this with any vegetable you have (sweet potato, potato, peas, etc.) You can even add parmesan cheese (30g). Just make sure you add the can of chickpeas!!
For the Gluten free option - add brown rice flour, gluten free plain flour, chickpea flour, gluten free fresh breadcrumbs.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- F45 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Bacon, sweet potato and zucchini slice
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)