- Handful Italian parsley
- 180 g Swiss Cheese, cubed
- 180 g feta cubed
- 2 eggs
- Freshly g round black pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 9 filo sheets thawed
- Melted unsalted butter for pastry (approx 250 g)
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line 2-3 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
Place parsley into TM bowl and chop for 5 seconds on speed 6. Set aside.
Add Swiss cheese and grate for 5 seconds on speed 6.
Place parsley back into TM bowl, add feta, eggs and seasoning. Gently blend for a 5-6 seconds on Reverse + speed 3.
Prepare filo by laying on clean bench top; cover with dry tea towel and then wet tea towel to prevent pastry from drying.
Brush each sheet with melted butter, layer another sheet on top,
repeat, and then cut each sheet into four lengthways, then turn cut
sides to face you.
Dollop a little of the cheese mixture onto the corner of each strip,
fold over and form a triangle. Brush with more butter and fold again.
Repeat two more times. You will have a neat little triangle with no open
edges. Cut and set onto lined baking tray. Repeat until all mixture is
used. Brush each triangle again with any remaining butter.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve hot if possible, but they taste equally delicious cold.
To make cocktail size, cut your pastry into 5 strips. This recipe will make about 50-60.
instead of butter will yield a prettier result, as sometimes the milk
solids in butter brown faster and leave little marks on the pastry.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Croquettes of Chicken
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Salmon Salsa Stack
- Pork liver parfait - Danielle Dixon
- Thai Chicken Balls
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- ThermoMonts Zucchini Croquettes
- Gunnadoo raw Muesli
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon