Gingerbread ice cream
- 1 vanilla bean
- 400 g full cream milk
- 400 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 40 g caster sugar
- 60 g light brown sugar
- 60 g golden syrup
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 100 g Gingernut biscuits
Cut vanilla bean in half lengthways and scrape out seeds. Place seeds and vanilla bean pod into mixing bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients, except gingernut biscuits, and cook 8 min/90°C/speed 2. Carefully remove vanilla bean pod and discard.
Pour mixture into a shallow freezable container (up to 4 cm high) and allow mixture to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and place into freezer for 10 hours. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Place biscuits into mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Cut ice cream mixture into pieces (approx. 3 cm). Without cleaning mixing bowl, place half of the ice cream pieces into mixing bowl and crush 40 sec/speed 7.5.
Add half of the reserved biscuits and mix 15 sec//speed 4 with aid of spatula. Transfer into freezable bowl or container.
Place remaining ice cream pieces into mixing bowl and crush 40 sec/speed 7.5.
Add remaining biscuits and mix 15 sec//speed 4. Transfer into bowl with ice cream and serve immediately or return to freezer until ready to serve.
This recipe is also suitable for TM31.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Salted nut ice cream
- Christmas panettone pudding
- Sunday pancakes
- Raw Strawberry Slice
- Variation Low GI Bliss Balls - Diabetic Friendly
- Frozen Key Lime and Margarita Cheesecake
- STRAWBERRY and COCONUT ICE CREAM
- Nanna Mary's Chocolate Pudding
- Banana & honey frozen yoghurt ice creams
- Raw Tiramisu Cheesecake
- Chocolate Ganache Tart/Pie
- Fruit crumble (dairy free, grain free, sugar free)
- Soba noodle and tofu salad
- Rosemary and sea salt crackers
- Breakfast bars
- Turkey patties
- Cheesecake with meringue topping (Sernik Rosa)
- Peanut butter gelato
- Sticky bottom dumplings
- Caramel and macadamia cheesecake
- Spicy prawn salad
- Baked cherry crumble cheesecake
- Strawberry champagne cocktail
- Mimosa Float