BBQ Favourite: Curried Rice Salad
- 200 grams rice, white basmati or long grain (can use brown but will need cooking longer)
- 1/2 apple
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 green capsicum
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 40 grams Raisins or Currants
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 60 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 30 grams white vinegar (or vinegar of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Add 1 litre of tap water to TM Bowl.
Add internal simmer basket to TM Bowl and weigh in rice, then wash rice under the tap using the basket then return basket of rice back to the TM Bowl.
TIP: Add a tablespoon of butter or 20g oil through hole in lid, and place Measuring Cup into place (this stops starches in rice causing 'foam' to rise during rice cooking)!
Cook the rice for 16 minutes, 100C, Speed 4.
While rice is cooking, roughly dice the remaining salad ingredients and place in a large bowl. Once rice is ready, add to the diced salad ingredients, clean TM bowl and prepare dressing as follows...
Add clove of garlic to TM bowl and chop 3 Sec, Sp 7.
Add remaining ingredients and mix, 4 sec, Sp5.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine- refrigerate until needed.
This recipe is so delicious and you will be surprised how much it makes- heaps, though feel free to increase rice quantities up to 350g and double all ingredients. It is an easy recipe to make in advance, and has been used by my circle of friends for years and is at every bbq!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- LCHF NOCHO CHIPS (not quite nacho)
- LCHF Christmas Cheese Ball
- Mushroom and herb side dish
- Broccoli Salad
- Zesty Potato Salad
- Mushy Peas Taela-Made
- Coconut Cashew Cauliflower Rice
- Creamed Mixed Greens
- Kale & Cherry Salad with Mango Mint Dressing
- Greek Cabbage Salad
- Mash potato
- Italian Rustica Dipilicious
- Speedy Chicken Curry
- No bake choco mint cheesecake
- Pineapple Daiquiri
- Cheats Capsicum, Feta and Walnut Pasta Salad
- Banana Colada
- Mango, Banana & Passionfruit Icecream
- Moist Italian Apple Flan
- Beer Bread
- Custard Creams
- Versatile Tuna, Salmon or Chicken Patties
- Crusty Loaf
- Banana Raspberry Easy Icecream