- 600 grams of brown onions, peeled and quartered
- 50 grams of a good olive oil
- 45 grams of balsamaic vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of parsley, with stems
- 70 grams of brown sugar
- 2 Rashers of Bacon, fat and rind removed
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
1h 15minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onions into bowl and chop 8 seconds, speed 5, scrape down bowl
Add olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, bay leaves, and parsely - cook 30mins, 100 degs, speed 2 with the MC off
Add the brown sugar and cook 15mins, 100 deg speed 2 MC off
Cool a little and remove parsley and bay leaves Set aside in a bowl
With out washing the bowl add the bacon and chop 4 seconds, speed 5 set aside in a bowl
Spray your pie flan dish with oil and preheat the oven to 200 deg
Lay your 3 sheets of pastry on the bench and with an average size glass press and make circles and cut around with a knife
To the centre of of each circle add a small dollop of onion then pinch the sides and place in pie flan in a circular pattern -- continue untill the pie flan is full
Sprinkle over the bacon
Bake in the oven untill golden brown - approx 25-30 mins
Serve for snaks with drinks, cheese platter or finger foods
The left over onion is fabulous spread on bread or rolls for sandwiches or served with meat
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Salmon and couscous salad with lemon dressing
- Chorizo, Spinach and Feta Triangles
- Palmiers - cinnamon and sugar delights
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Maria's Meat Balls
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Cranberry Bread