- 90 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 180 g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 30 g cold water
- 1 leek, trimmed, white and pale green part only (approx. 160 g), cut into pieces
- 50 g Butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 eggs
- 200 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 70 g goat's cheese (chevre), cut or broken into pieces (1 cm)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cut into quarters lengthways
- 8 anchovy fillets, (optional)
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnishing
Grease a tart tin (23 cm) and set aside.
Place butter, flour and salt into mixing bowl and mix 6 sec/speed 8.
Add egg yolk and cold water and mix 10 sec/speed 8.
Transfer dough onto a ThermoMat or lightly floured surface and shape into a ball. Wrap dough in ThermoMat or plastic wrap and place into refrigerator to rest for 30 minutes.
Once chilled, place dough between ThermoMat and a sheet of baking paper, or between two sheets of baking paper, and roll out to a 3 mm thickness. Line base and sides of prepared tart tin with pastry.
With the tip of a knife, dock the pastry by poking a few small holes in the pastry to allow air to escape from pastry while it is cooking to prevent bubbling.
Return tin to refrigerator to rest for a further 30 minutes and preheat oven to 160°C.
Place pie weights onto pastry. Bake for approx. 20 minutes (160°C) or until pastry has a crisp finish and looks dry all over. Carefully remove pie weights with tongs as they will be hot. Set aside to cool completely (approx. 30 minutes).
Place leek in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add butter and cook 4 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add sugar and vinegar and cook 2 min/Varoma/speed 1. Set caramelised leeks aside. Allow mixing bowl to cool. Do not wash mixing bowl.
Place eggs and cream into mixing bowl and blend 10 sec/ speed 5.
Pour half of the egg mixture into cooled pastry shell.
Add caramelised leeks, then dot with goat's cheese and top with remaining egg mixture. Arrange tomato slices and anchovy fillets on top of egg mixture.
Bake for 30-40 minutes (160°C), or until filling is set in the middle.
Season to taste, allow to cool slightly (approx. 15 minutes) and garnish with parsley before serving warm.
· Serve this tart with a rocket and pear salad. · If you do not have pie weights, you can use dried beans or rice. Carefully scoop beans or rice out of pastry shell after baking. · To make a vegetarian version of this dish simply omit the anchovy fillets.
Other users also liked...
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Sourdough discard crackers
- RSPCA Puppy Treats
- Boong eo ppang (Korean Fish Shaped Pastry)
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Paleo Focaccia Loaf