- 100 g onion, Quatered
- 150 g bacon, Chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150 g Cheddar cheese, Chopped into chunks
- 450 g Self Raising Flour
- 50 g Cold Butter, Cut into chunks
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 250 g Milk
- 1 g cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 200° C.
- Add Onion, to bowl
- Chop 5 sec/speed 5
- Add Bacon and Olive Oil to bowl
- Cook on 4 min/100°C/speed 1
- Set aside in steaming basket to allow juices to drain off
- Clean and dry mixing bowl
- Place Cheese into mixing bowl.
- Grate 5 sec/speed 5
- Set aside
- Place self-raising flour into bowl
- Add 50 g Butter
- TURBO 2 sec, twice
- Add egg, Milk, salt, cayenne pepper, bacon and onion mixture and cheese to bowl.
- "Dough mode" 30 seconds
- Turn your TM bowl upside down on a floured work surface and bring dough together. It may be quite moist, but just use more flour to form the dough consistency you want.
- Use a cutter if you want perfectly round scones, or just cut them up and place on a thermomat or lined baking tray.
- Bake in hot oven until risen and starting to brown on top. 10 - 12 mins.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free Pizza Base (with hidden veggies!) Makes 2 large bases
- Spinach ricotta star
- Quick flatbread
- EmeraldSue Grain Free Crackers
- Savoury muffin
- Variation Zucchini Slice
- Gluten free cheese scones
- Variation lemon poppyseed muffins
- Cheesy sour cream and chives crackers
- Sausage Cranberry Rolls (bites)
- Spaghetti Bolognese Muffins
- KK's Krackers
- Vi's lemon curd crumble muffins
- German Crust Bread
- Jenny's Chocolate Weetbix Crunch Slice
- Smoky Chipotle Venison Casserole
- Cheats Sourdough
- Spiced Pumpkin and Vegetable Soup
- Milo Biscuits Variation
- Weetbix and fruit balls
- Apricot, Yoghurt and Coconut cake
- NOT BUTTER CHICKEN
- Tomato Salsa Dip
- Noodles with Soya Bean Soup (Korean Kong Guk Su)