- 270 grams Flour (Bakers or Plain)
- 25 gram oil
- 165 grams Water (may need a little extra)
- 5 grams salt
- 2 mashed potatoes, - Can cook and mash in thermomix if wanted but I usually save some from the night befores dinner
- 2 Handfuls frozen peas - or other small vegetable like peas and corn mix etc
- 1 Brown Onion - Peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1 Long Red Chilli - deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 20 grams Ginger (cut into coins)
- 40 grams ghee or butter
- 10 gram lemon juice
- Oil for frying
- 80 grams apple cider vinegar
- 80 grams water
- 25 grams brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- 5 gram salt
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add flour (270 grams), oil (25 grams), salt (5 grams) and water (165 grams) to bowl.
Mix 7 seconds/speed 8 Check to see if dough is forming, if it's still a little dry add a dribble of water and remix 5 seconds/speed 8 (if dough is formed skip this step)
I then use my spatula to form a loose dough ball in the bowl.
Dough mode 5 minutes.
Remove dough from bowl and wrap in plastic wrap or a thermo mat to rest for at least 1/2 hour.
While dough is resting add peeled and quartered onion, ginger coins (20 grams) and deseeded chilli to bowl 7 seconds/speed 7
Scrape down bowl, if there is any large chunks remaining 4 seconds/speed 7
Add cumin seeds (1 teaspoon), and Ghee or butter (40 grams), chilli flakes (half to one teaspoon depending on taste).
5 minutes/100 degrees/slowest speed.
Add turmeric (one good pinch), lemon juice (10 grams), salt (1 teaspoon), coriander powder (1 and a 1/2 teaspoons). 6 seconds/speed 5
Add peas (2 handfuls). 3 minutes/90 degrees/reverse/slowest speed.
Add mashed potato. 8 seconds/reverse/speed 4
Put into a separate bowl and allow to cool.
Once dough is ready divide into 20 even pieces, roll out circles of dough. Place a tablespoon of cooled filling into the centre of a circle and fold over (like an apple turnover), brush the edges with enough water to make the dough stick (I use a finger dipped into a cup of water to do this), crimp the edges together with a fork or your fingers.
Add the curry puffs to a deep fryer or a deep saucepan or wok with enough oil to cover curry puffs - note the oil should be room temperature with no heat added at this stage. Heat the oil on high and cook until they turn a nice golden brown. Remove from oil and put on some absorbent paper to drain.
Add garlic clove to bowl 5 seconds/speed 9. Scrape down bowl and repeat.
Add all other ingredients to bowl - Apple cider vinegar (80 grams), water (80 grams), Brown sugar (25 grams), salt 1 teaspoon.
Mix 1 minute/speed 5
12 minutes/100 degree/ speed one MC off.
Serve with Curry Puffs.
Accessories you need
I have made these ahead of time and reheated in the oven when I was ready to serve them for a dinner party.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls
- Savoury Mini Muffins
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Mushroom bolognese
- Hidden veggie chicken sausage rolls
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Chocolate Lava Cake
- Baked Snickers Cheesecake
- Spicy Tomato Soup
- White Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies
- Scones like Nana used to make
- Lemon Meringue Crumble Slice
- Chocolate Caramel Fudge Cake
- Chocolate Caramel Slice
- Iced Puff Pastry
- Lemon Curd Cheesecake Slice
- Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Chocolate Rough Slice
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls
- Savoury Mini Muffins
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice