- 100 g Gruyere cheese, cubed and chilled
- 40 g parmigiano cheese, cubed and chilled
- 190 g water
- 80 g Butter, diced
- 0-1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs (50 g each)
Place gruyere and parmigiano into TM bowl and chop: 7sec | SP9. Set aside.
Add water, butter, salt & pepper to TM bowl. Cook 4min | 100°C | SP1.
Add flour and cayenne and combine – 1:30 min | SP3.
Place ThermoMat or a piece of baking paper onto bench and transfer choux pastry onto it to cool for about 5-10 minutes. Return pastry to TM bowl.
Set speed to SP5 and add 1 egg at a time, allowing each egg to mix for 15 seconds before adding the next egg.
After last egg, continue to mix for 15-30 sec. Mixture should “peak” when a spoon is lifted out of it.
Add finely chopped Gruyere cheese and mix 10 sec | SP3 until combined.
Line two baking trays with baking paper, pipe or spoon 1-2 tbsp mounds onto trays, leaving equal distance between each (see Tips).
Bake in a preheated 200°C oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve immediately.
Accessories you need
* MAKE AHEAD TIP: Place trays of unbaked gougeres into the freezer to freeze. Once frozen, place into sealed freezer bags. To bake, simply spread frozen gougeres, leaving equal distance between each, onto baking trays lined with baking paper. Bake at 220C for 8 minutes, then reduce temperature to 190C and continue to bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Perfect for entertaining and served with champagne!
For more of my Thermomix recipes, please visit us at www.urbanprovider.com.au
Other users also liked...
- Keto Microwave Tortilla
- Maltese Galletti
- My Aussie Meat Pie
- Coconut Loaf
- Pastie Slice
- Savoury Muffins
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Zucchini and basil soup
- Leek and smoked salmon dip
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Macadamia & Pistachio Orange Syrup Cake
- Spiced Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup
- Frozen mojito cheesecake
- Frozen mojito
- Raspberry souffles
- Bourbon Ribs
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- LYNN'S STEAK, KIDNEY AND MUSHROOM CASSEROLE
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Apple & Rasperry Crumble