- 100 g Gruyere cheese, cubed and chilled
- 40 g parmigiano cheese, cubed and chilled
- 190 g water
- 80 g Butter, diced
- 0-1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 eggs (50 g each)
Place gruyere and parmigiano into TM bowl and chop: 7sec | SP9. Set aside.
Add water, butter, salt & pepper to TM bowl. Cook 4min | 100°C | SP1.
Add flour and cayenne and combine – 1:30 min | SP3.
Place ThermoMat or a piece of baking paper onto bench and transfer choux pastry onto it to cool for about 5-10 minutes. Return pastry to TM bowl.
Set speed to SP5 and add 1 egg at a time, allowing each egg to mix for 15 seconds before adding the next egg.
After last egg, continue to mix for 15-30 sec. Mixture should “peak” when a spoon is lifted out of it.
Add finely chopped Gruyere cheese and mix 10 sec | SP3 until combined.
Line two baking trays with baking paper, pipe or spoon 1-2 tbsp mounds onto trays, leaving equal distance between each (see Tips).
Bake in a preheated 200°C oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Serve immediately.
* MAKE AHEAD TIP: Place trays of unbaked gougeres into the freezer to freeze. Once frozen, place into sealed freezer bags. To bake, simply spread frozen gougeres, leaving equal distance between each, onto baking trays lined with baking paper. Bake at 220C for 8 minutes, then reduce temperature to 190C and continue to bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Perfect for entertaining and served with champagne!
For more of my Thermomix recipes, please visit us at www.urbanprovider.com.au
Other users also liked...
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Cheesy Bacon Cob Loaf❤
- ❤Spinach Cob Dip❤
- Easy budget sausage rolls
- 5 basic ingredients easy chicken pot pies
- Chicken and leek Pasties
- Vegan Spinach and cashew pies
- Sweet Potato, zucchini slice
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- Zucchini and basil soup
- Leek and smoked salmon dip
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Macadamia & Pistachio Orange Syrup Cake
- Spiced Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup
- Frozen mojito cheesecake
- Frozen mojito
- Raspberry souffles
- Bourbon Ribs
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake
- LS Spelt Bread
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)