- 1` tablespoon honey
- 240 g hot water, (hot as it can get from the tap is fine, but not boiling water)
- 3.5 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 350 g Gluten free all purpose flour, (Plain flour)
- 2 heaped tablespoons xanthan gum
- 2 heaped tablespoons Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 X-Large eggs, (70g)
- 60 g Olive Oli
- 1.5 teaspoons Apple Cider Viniger
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
(Makes 2 soft medium crust bases or one thick pan style pizza base)
Suitable for TM31 users as well...
- 1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees, 200 degrees for fan forced ovens.
- 2. In the TM mixing bowl add the ingredients for the starter and mix for 10secs /speed 3.
- 3. Set the timer for 7 mins/40degrees/ gentle stirring to activate the yeast. The starter should double in size and become frothy during this time and will cover the bottom blades.
- 4. Into a bowl, crack the eggs and make sure no shell is in the dish.
- 5. Weigh the oil into the bowl with the eggs, add the cider vinegar and set aside. (You can do this with the Thermomix even while the starter is being activated.)
- 6. Measure the baking powder and xantham gum into a small dry bowl and set aside.
- 7. As soon as the starter is done, immediately weigh in the plain flour and the add xanthan gum, mix, the egg mix and the salt. Mix 6secs/speed 6. Scrape down sides.
- 8. Activate dough setting and knead for 2mins.
- 9. Turn out onto a Thermomat or a well oiled plastic board and cut the dough into two portions using the TM spatula dipped in water.
- 10. With wet or oiled hands press each portion into a round on pizza trays lined with baking paper, spray with oil so it doesn't dry out and allow to rise sitting on the stove for about 15-20 mins.
- 11. Bake each base for approx 10 mins before removing to top with your favourite toppings or cool them to store and freeze as per notes below.
- 12. Return completed pizzas to the oven for about 10-15 mins until toppings are cooked or until cheese/cheese-like toppings are golden and bubbling.
A) Bases can be cooled to freeze. Make sure they are tightly wrapped in baking paper and cling wrap to maintain freshness.
B) Dough will appear stickier than normal flour based doughs because the protein structure of gluten free flours is different and they need more liquid to allow the dough to rise.
This is how the dough is meant to be in order to get a good result.
It will rise before baking and will puff up even more in the oven and be lovely and soft inside.
Accessories you need
This has been created from many experiments and a combination of bits and pieces learnt when trialling lots of other recipes without success. Guidance in respect to Gluten Free flours and the differences in Gluten Free baking allowed me to understand the process and has resulted in a beautiful dough that almost matches any gluten based equivalent - even the non GF in the family is sure to love it!!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pita Bread; Gluten Free, Yeast Free
- Blueberry tea - cold and flu relief
- One Basic Gluten Free Bread Dough 3 Ways!! Instructions for making Naan, Bread rolls or A small loaf of bread
- Gluten Free Choc Chunk Cookies
- Gluten free soft corn tortillas
- Asparagus Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth (liquid stock)
- Cheats chicken pies (Gluten free substitute friendly)
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Turmeric Latte Porridge
- Variation (Doubled) Healthy Apple Crumble
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Nana’s Beer Bread
- Honey and Pumpkin Bread
- Cashew Chia Breakie Cookies
- Raw Cacao & Almond Protein Balls
- Variation Muesli Balls
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)