- 1 portion Shortcrust pastry from the 'Every Day Cookbook'
- 65 grams parmesan, cubed
- 100 grams leg ham, roughly chopped
- 100 grams canned pineapple pieces, drained
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
Make shortcrust pastry as per EDC recipe (alternatively you could use bought frozen shortcrust pastry). Form into a ball and wrap in glad wrap and refrigerate for approximately 15 minutes.
Place cubed parmesan in mixing bowl and grate for 10 seconds on speed 9.
Add ham and drained pineapple and chop for 4 seconds on speed 5 until a thick paste is formed.
Roll pastry into a rectangle about 5mm thick (trim edges if, like me, you find it hard to get the shape right!).
Spread tomato paste over pastry leaving about a 2cm gap on 3 sides and a slightly larger gap on one long edge.
Spread ham, cheese and pineapple paste over tomato paste.
Roll pastry into a long roll starting from the long edge with the 2cm gap.
Cut pastry roll into slices about 1.5 - 2 cm thick (depending on how thick you want the pinwheels).
Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a 200 degrees celcius oven for about 25-30 minutes until lightly golden.
I made these using bread dough instead of pastry and they were also yummy - a bit more substantial for school lunch boxes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Sourdough discard crackers
- RSPCA Puppy Treats
- Boong eo ppang (Korean Fish Shaped Pastry)
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi