- 125 grams Butter
- 155 grams honey, 1/2 cup
- 70 grams brown sugar, 1/3 cup
- 300 grams dried apricots, 2 cups
- 200 grams rolled oats, 2 cups
- 80 grams Shredded coconut, 1 cup
- 130 grams almonds, 1 cup
- 130 grams peanuts, 1 cup
- 120 grams sunflower seeds, 1 cup
- 70 grams dried banana, 1 cup
- 60 grams sesame seeds, 1/2 cup
Turn fan forced oven on. 125 degreees celcius.
LIne baking tray/s with baking paper.
As i have a stove the first thing i do is put the butter, honey and brown sugar into a small saucepan and put it on high. I haven't tried it in the microwave but could be done in TM as first step (then put aside inb bowl).
Put apricots, rolled oats and coconut into TM and speed 8 for about 1 minute. You want the apricot to be less than or equal to match head size.
Add the almonds, peanuts (or substituted nut/ingrdient), sunflower seeds, dried banana and sesame seeds to TM. Mix at speed 8 for about 30 seconds to a minute until finely chopped. TM should start to complain about now.
Turn speed down to 5/6 and slowly add the caramalised mixture until TM starts to bog down. Turn TM down to lid closed and wheat setting. When it pulses add more caramalised mixture.
Let it pulse for a couple of minutes. Turn mixture out into baking tray and cover with more baking paper. MIxture should be hot or at least warm.
Push mixture into edges of tray. Some folding may be required to get dry patches to middle. Use rolling pin or object to flatten out mixture.
Put into over for 10 minutes with baking paper on top.
Remove and roll again to flatten out the puffy areas. Remove top layer of baking paper.
Back into over for 10 minutes.
Remove onto cutting board. Let cool for 20-30 minutes and cut with sharp knife or pizza cutter.
(first time posting. Not sure how to list stages)
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheat's sourdough
- PIE MAKER- Zucchini Slice
- Sausage rolls
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Cauliflower Keto Bites (sweet or savoury)
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Yogurt pizza dough
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake