- 700 g mixed cheeses of choice, cubed
- 700 g Milk
- 50 g Butter
- 100 g fine semolina
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 1 package Filo Pastry
- melted butter, for the filo pastry
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
Place 350g of cheese into TM bowl and gratefor 8 seconds on speed5. Remove and set aside and repeat with second batch.
Place milk, butter, semolina and salt into bowl and cook for 8 minutes at 100ºC on speed 4. When 1 minute remains lower to speed 3 and add eggs 1 at a time through lid opening.
Add cheeses and pepper and keep mixing until well combined.
In a large greased baking dish, place filo pastry sheet by sheet, basting with melted butter between each sheet (6 to 8 sheets on bottom and repeated on top). Allow filo to extend over baking dish a little so you can wrap the filling once poured in.
Place cheese mixture into dish and fold overlapping pieces of pastry then continue to add the remainder of sheets to cover pie, remember to butter each one in between. Cut into portions, sprinkle with water and sesame seeds on top if you wish. Bake in a pre heated oven at 200ºC until browned (approx 40 min).
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Sourdough discard crackers
- RSPCA Puppy Treats
- Boong eo ppang (Korean Fish Shaped Pastry)
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Home made Baileys
- Spanakopita (Greek Spinach pie)
- Greek Cabbage Salad
- Thia Lili's Koulourakia (Greek Easter Biscuits)
- Goji and Coconut Raw Chocolate
- Tacos basic
- Avocado hommus
- Tsourekia (Greek Easter Bread)
- Semolina Custard
- Keftethes (Greek Meatballs)
- Greek Easter Chocolate Souffle
- Galaktobouriko (Greek Vanilla Slice)
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Choc Nut Slice
- Chai Turmeric
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Gherkin and Dill Dip
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake