- 200 g Spelt grain
- 320 g bakers flour
- 2 teaspoons Yeast
- 1 teaspoon bread imporver
- 30 g olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Himilayan or sea salt
- 300 g tepid water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
place spelt into TM bowl and grind 30 secs speed 9
add water and yeast and warm 3 mins 37 deg speed 1
add all ingredients including spelt and mix 6 secs speed 6
knead 3-4 mins on interval speed "Dough mode"
put dough into glass bowl with cover or wrapped in thermomat and place in warm place or even the fridge! and wait til doubled in size.
knock down dough and form cob loaf, place in cold oven put to 200 degs for 35 mins for dense loaf.
for fluffier loaf place dough into prepared tin and cover, place in warm spot and wait til doubled in size or reached top of tin then place in hot oven 200 deg 35 mins.
Accessories you need
I make two loaves and put two cobs in oven at same time.. save power!
make slit in top with scissors or sharp knife for groovy look
NOT GLUTEN FREE but good for folk with gluten intolerance cos of almost half spelt.
go gardening or shopping while bread rising.. a watched loaf never rises! ha ha
same method for TM31
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Super Easy British Cheese Straws
- Sues Sultana Cake
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Asian Rhubarb and Carrot Soup
- Egg Tart
- Cod and potato chowder
- Chrissys Sultana and Bran Muffins
- Beef and Pepper Casserole
- Filipino steamed Pork Buns
- Chicken Congee Filo style
- maryannes mashed potato
- Maryannes Seafood Chowder
- Carins Curried Broccoli and Potato soup