- 1 zest of one lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 150 grams soft butter
- 175 grams sugar
- 175 grams Self Raising Flour
- 125 grams Milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 grams icing sugar
- 50 grams lemon juice, (Around 1 1/2 large lemons)
- do recipe 1.5
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Line loaf tin with baking paper
peel lemon rind with potato peeler add to bowl with sugar and grind for 10secs speed 9 scrape down and do again if needed then continue with recipe
Place eggs, butter and sugar in TM bowl. Process for 20 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
Add flour, milk and salt to TM bowl. Process for 30 seconds, speed 6, scraping sides halfway through
Pour batter into loaf tin. Bake for 45 mins, until golden and firm to the touch
Remove cake from oven and stand tin on cooling rack. Rinse TM bowl
Place icing sugar and lemon juice in TM bowl (or use granulated sugar and process for 10-15 seconds, speed 9)
sometines i double this to use for next time it keeps well in fridge and if you do larger cake you need more syrup
Cook for 3 mins at 90 degrees, speed 4.
Prick warm cake all over with fork, and pour over syrup. Leave cake to cool completely before turning out.
Accessories you need
when making a cake in round tin i do one and a half of recipe makes a larger cake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- LCHF brocolli bake
- lchf chicken with lemon thyme
- lemon drizzle (mary berry)
- swiss slice (shortbread)
- lchf lime cheesecake tarts
- lchf savoury pies
- lchf red curry prawn rissotto (thermofun)
- chicken chirizo meatballls lchf
- steamed pumpkin and golden syrup pudding
- lchf cheese spinach waffle
- lchf cheese souffle
- tomato kasundi (taste)
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Beetroot dip
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Easy Apple Cake
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread