- 225 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (bicarb)
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons mixed spice, or you can use cinnamon
- 3 bananas, ripe and broken into 2-3 parts
- 75 grams olive oil, can use other vegetable oils
- 50 grams dried fruit or nuts, (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Set your oven at 200 degrees celcius
Soak the chia seeds in the water for about 10 minutes
Put the nuts, spices, baking soda, lemon zest, sugar and dried fruit in the jug and whiz on speed 5 for about 8 seconds
Remove and set aside
Put the bananas, olive oil, lemon juice, chia seeds with the water in the jug- whiz on speed 5 for 3 seconds or until the chia seeds are pulverized
Put on the butterfly and add the flour and spice/soda mixture- Speed 5 for 3 seconds or until just mixed, use the spatula to scrape down the sides - be sure not to overmix.
This mixture is quite thick. Pour it into a prepared tin and into the oven for 20 minutes initially. If the loaf is browning, cover with foil and bake for a further 40 minutes (approximately).
Wait until the bread is cool before slicing.
The chia seeds soaked in water and the lemon juice make it possible to reduce the baking soda in the recipe. Cinnamon, nutmeg and corriander - one teaspoon each work well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sacher torte
- Banana Choc Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Just a Minute, Baby Cakes
- Choc Chip Chunkies
- More Again - Paleo Banana Muffin
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- Zucchini-Almond-Chocolate Slice
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Blueberry yogurt muffins
- Peanut Drops
- Apple & Carrot Lactation Muffins
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- LCHF Iced Coffee
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- TIPSY TART (a,k.a - Cape Brandy Pudding)
- More Again Risotto
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Hemp Pudding
- Salted caramel & meringue tart
- Crispy nutty crackers
- Gluten Free Spiced Fruit Loaf
- Lebanese Eid Biscuit Kaak Alkhamees Mr2od Ka'ak Black Seed
- Vegan vanilla cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Linguine (w Low Carb, Dairy Free, Vegetarian Variations)