- 470 g Self Raising Flour
- 80 g Butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 290 g Milk
- 175 g pitted dates, chopped
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add flour and butter to the . Chop for 7sec at speed 6. It will look like breadcrumbs.
- Add milk and salt. Mix for 5 sec at speed 6.
- Add dates and for 30 seconds.
- Remove from and gently flatten.
- Cut out 12 scones and brush with a little milk.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Bake a couple of minutes longer if needed.
pre-heat oven to 200 deg Celsius
Omit dates if you do not like them. You can also add chocolate chips instead of the dates.
Make sure the scones are packed closely together on the baking tray before baking so that they rise beautifully.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.