- 380 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spices
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100 g brown sugar
- 150 g golden syrup
- 150 g Butter
- 1 pinches sea salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 300 g brown sugar
- 250 g Salted butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 250 g buttermilk
- 4 eggs
- 430 g bakers flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 250 g white sugar
- 120 g unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 tbsp cream
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp mixed spices
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
4h 0minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients for "Ginger Bread Cookies to top" into mixing bowl and mix 14 seconds on speed 6.
Scrape down sides and use kneading function to knead for 1 minute.
- Transfer dough onto a floured surface and knead into a smooth ball.
Cover dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for approx 1 hour.
- Roll out chilled dough between 2 pieces of baking paper.
Remove top layer of baking paper and cut dough into gingerbread man shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Transfer shapes onto baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes at 180 degrees, or until lightly browned around edges.
(Cooking time might vary dependant on you cookie's size)
Do not turn oven off once removed. The cupcakes will be baked at the same temperature.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes on tray and then transfer to a wire rack to completely cool before using.
During this time you can move to step 2. (Making the vanilla base cupcake).
- Line 2X 12 hole muffin trays with cupcake liners.
- Place Sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 seconds on speed 10
- Add butter and mix 10 seconds on speed 4
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend 10 seconds on speed 5
- Divide Mixture between prepared muffin trays and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted comes out clean.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes in tray before removing and cooling on a wire rack.
- Place sugar into mixing bowl
Mill for 20 Seconds on speed 20.
Scrape down sides then mill for a further 10 seconds on speed 10.
- Add in ginger and mixed spices and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5
- Place 120g of Room Temp Butter in Bowl and mix 15 seconds speed 6.
Insert Butterfly Whisk. [/b]Add 2 Tbsp of Cream and Vanilla and Mix 2 minutes 30 seconds on speed 3.Transfer into bowl and use as needed.[/b]
Ginger Bread Cookies for topping
Vanilla Base Cupcakes
Ginger Bread Buttercream Frosting
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.