- 125 grams Butter
- 165 grams raw sugar
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 95 grams golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 275 grams plain flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Cooking salt
- 225 grams Cream Cheese cut into small cubes
- 60 grams Butter (Softened)
- 370 grams icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius
Line 9 x 13 inch baking pan with baking paper and set aside
Place butter into TM bowl and melt 2 min/100 deg/Speed 2
Add raw sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and golden syrup to melted butter and mix 2 min/Speed 4
Add egg and mix 30 sec/Speed 3 or until completely incorporated
Add bicarb soda, flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg and salt and mix 1 min/Speed 6
Scrape down sides of bowl and continue to mix 1 min/Speed 6
Spread mixture evenly into pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. Do not over cook. Allow to cool
Place cream cheese and butter into TM bowl and cream 20 sec/Speed 5
Add icing sugar and vanilla and mix 30 sec/Speed 5 or until smooth
Frost the top of cooled Gingerbread Base
Refrigerate prior to cutting into squares
Cream Cheese Frosting
Accessories you need
The mixture is a very sticky (cross between a dough and cake mix) but please persevere with it when spreading it in the pan, don't add any extra flour.
Recipe adapted from Chef in Training website
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Curd
- Chicken Chorizo and Cheese Sausage Rolls
- Lemon Yogurt Cake
- The Best Keto Brioche Buns Ever!
- Low Calorie Custard Puffs
- Healthier Vanilla Custard
- Biscoff Oatmeal Biscuits
- Monte Carlo Biscuits
- Orange Cake - Light and tasty
- Crunchy Brekkie Bites
- Chicken Pumpkin and Spinach Cannelloni
- Giant Choc Chip Cookie Cake