- Rind of 2 lemons, or 1 lemon and 1 orange rind, Save fruit for later
- 150 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 130 grams oil, Eg rice bran, canola etc
- 250 grams plain flour
- 2.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 grams Milk
- 60g/3T Orange juice, or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 40 grams poppy seeds
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 level tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Milk
Preheat the oven to 180C
Grease and line a loaf pan.
1. Place lemon/orange rind and sugar into the bowl."Closed lid"
2. Blitz sp9/15seconds . Scrape.
3. Add eggs and oil and blend sp4/1 minute. Scrape.
4. Add all remaining ingredients in the order listed.
5. Blend sp 4/ 45 seconds. Scrape.
6. Pour contents into prepared tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked when tested.
7. Leave in tin for 10 minutes, before placing on a wire rack to cool.
1. Place all ingredients into a small bowl and stir until smooth.
2. Spread evenly over surface of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides.
One of my favourite cakes...converted to Thermy-speak..sooo easy..
Follow me on FaceBook at "Thermify me breadwinners" for bread rolls and yeast based recipes.
And check out my new ebook on breadmaking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- White Christmas Crackles
- Healthy Home School Christmas Cake, gluten free option
- Ginger Nut Biscuits
- Compost Cake
- Traditional Brownie
- Shona's Peppermint Creams
- White Christmas - Old Style
- Salted Caramel Fudge
- Caramel Slice
- Lisa's Thermo Cooking Journey Date Scones
- Lisa's Thermo Cooking Journey Scones
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- GLUTEN FREE CRUMPETS
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Blueberry jam
- Aussie Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake