- 1 x 425g can prunes in syrup/juice, remove the stones. Save the prunes and the liquid.
- 500 g mixed dried fruit
- 125 g Butter, chopped
- 100 g sugar
- dash vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 1 cup SR flour
1. Place pitted prunes, dried fruit, butter, sugar and spices into the and cook 100°C/12mins/sp /. Set aside in a deep bowl to cool. You can do this step the day before.
Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease and line a 23cm springform tin.
2. Add bicarb soda to the cooled fruit mixture. Beat in quickly. It will froth up.
3. Add beaten eggs and vanilla and beat well.
4. Add the (sifted) flours and salt combine well.
5. Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 1-1.5 hours, or until cooked when tested.
Accessories you need
Who doesn't love a good old traditional fruit cake..
And high fibre..?
Your source for great recipes and cooking tips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.