- 175 grams softened butter
- 175 grams caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 level tablespoon orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons Milk
- 1.5 level teaspoons Baking Powder (optional)
- 250 grams Self Raising Flour
- 175 grams sultanas
- 175 grams currants
- 50 grams Red Glace Cherries, quartered
- Nibbed sugar or crushed sugar cubes, Reserve for decoration
8Recipe is created for
Put butter and sugar in bowl, mix on speed 5 for 15-20 seconds or until they are creamed ttogether.
Add the eggs, Marmalade and milk, mix speed 5 for 20-30 seconds or until smooth.
Add Flour and Baking Powder, mix speed 5 for 20-25 seconds until fully mixed and smooth.
Add the fruit and mix speed 3 for 20-30 seconds until fully mixed.
Turn into a baking tray, (I use a Lamington tin) , sprinkle with the nibbed/ crushed sugar, to taste and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C (160C fan), gas 4 for 40-45 minutes or until well risen, golden brown and firm to the touch.
Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack. Cut when cool.
Accessories you need
Measure the Marmalade carefully as too much will make the Traybake dip in the middle.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake