For the cake:
- 2 oranges
- 1500 g water
- 6 eggs
- 250 g raw sugar
- 200 g whole raw almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bi carb
- 50 g cocoa
For the icing:
- 150 g raw sugar
- 20 g cocoa
- 1/2 tsp orange essence
- 40 g milk
2h 35minPreparation 1h 25minBaking/Cooking 1h 10min
1. Pour water into the bowl.
2. Put lid on, and place varoma into position.
3. Place the two whole oranges into varoma. Steam 80 mins/varoma/speed 1.
4. Remove varoma and empty water out.
5. Dry bowl thoroughly. Preheat oven to 150C. Grease and line regular sized cake tin.
6. Add sugar to bowl. Mill 30 secs/speed 10. Reserve to a bowl.
7. Add almonds to bowl. Mill 10 secs/speed 10. Add to sugar bowl.
8. Place the two oranges whole into the bowl. Pulp 30 secs/speed 8. Scrape down bowl.
9. Add sugar, almonds, eggs, baking powder, bi carb, and cocoa. Mix 12 secs/speed 4. If anything is not mixed through properly, fold through with your spatula.
10. Pour into tin, and bake 1 hr 10 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean.
11. Allow to cool in tin on a wire rack.
1. Ensure your bowl is clean and dry.
2. Mill sugar 30 secs/speed 10.
3. Add all other ingredients and mix 20 secs/speed 4.
4. Pour immediately over cooled cake.
For the icing:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Cake Muffins
- Salted Caramel Fudge
- Banana Sultana Bread
- Almost Kingston's
- Pennsylvania Dutch Cookies
- Variation Portuguese Tarts - Adapted from Bill Granger - Inspired by Thermofest
- Gluten/Grain/Sugar Free Banana Bread
- Chockie Rocks
- Sweet pastry my way
- Crumble topping
- Burnt butter shortbread
- Fairy Biscuits
- Creamy pasta with seafood balls - Varoma complete meal
- Asian style chicken dumplings - Varoma complete meal
- Polenta topped braised beef cheek pies
- Ice Coffee and Almond Cake
- Super Moist Whole Orange Cake
- Salmon, fennel and feta filo pie
- Jekyll and Hyde - the Champagne Cocktail
- Sneaky Zucchini Loaf
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- The Easiest Chocolate Cupcake
- Banana Bread
- Chia Cranberry Muesli Bars