- 2 oranges
- 1500 g water
- 6 eggs
- 250 g raw sugar
- 200 g Whole raw almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Bi Carb
- 50 g cocoa
- 150 g raw sugar
- 20 g cocoa
- 1/2 tsp orange essence
- 40 g Milk
2h 35minPreparation 1h 25minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Pour water into the bowl.
2. Put lid on, and place varoma into position.
3. Place the two whole oranges into varoma. Steam 80 mins/varoma/speed 1.
4. Remove varoma and empty water out.
5. Dry bowl thoroughly. Preheat oven to 150C. Grease and line regular sized cake tin.
6. Add sugar to bowl. Mill 30 secs/speed 10. Reserve to a bowl.
7. Add almonds to bowl. Mill 10 secs/speed 10. Add to sugar bowl.
8. Place the two oranges whole into the bowl. Pulp 30 secs/speed 8. Scrape down bowl.
9. Add sugar, almonds, eggs, baking powder, bi carb, and cocoa. Mix 12 secs/speed 4. If anything is not mixed through properly, fold through with your spatula.
10. Pour into tin, and bake 1 hr 10 mins, or until a skewer comes out clean.
11. Allow to cool in tin on a wire rack.
1. Ensure your bowl is clean and dry.
2. Mill sugar 30 secs/speed 10.
3. Add all other ingredients and mix 20 secs/speed 4.
4. Pour immediately over cooled cake.
For the icing:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Creamy pasta with seafood balls - Varoma complete meal
- Asian style chicken dumplings - Varoma complete meal
- Polenta topped braised beef cheek pies
- Ice Coffee and Almond Cake
- Super Moist Whole Orange Cake
- Salmon, fennel and feta filo pie
- Jekyll and Hyde - the Champagne Cocktail
- Sneaky Zucchini Loaf
- Hidden Veggie Lunchbox Scrolls
- The Easiest Chocolate Cupcake
- Banana Bread
- Chia Cranberry Muesli Bars