- 60 gram almond meal
- 60 gram cacao nibs
- 60 gram medjool dates (pitted), This is about 8 dates
- 60 gram Rice malt syrup, you can use less if you prefer, just enough to stick it all together
Measure all dry ingredients into bowl, taking care to remove the pits from the Medjool Dates.
Mix speed 7 for about 20 seconds
Reduce speed to 1
Gently add in the rice malt syrup, through the hole in the lid, and increase speed to 6 until it's combined (usually an extra 20 seconds)
roll into balls & place on a baking sheet
cook in the oven for 10-15 mins at 180'c (if you like chewy go for the lower time frame)
the cacoa nibs are more bitter than your traditional chocolate but add a delicious healthy twist to the chocolate cookid recipe of old.
If you dont have cacoa, feel free to use normal cooking chocolate, this isn't Paleo, but till tastes yummy, and it a good alternative if you're just using pantry staples.
my 3 year old hardly knows the difference & my husband doesn't care!
these can be a chewie treat & I've often had to save the mixture from the family as they want to devour it Before it is Cooked.
If you can't get Medjool dates then use about 12 dried dates cut in half and soaked in water for 10 mins prior, drain the liquid & pop the dates into the thermie in step 1
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gingerbread sweet potato slice
- Chocolate Panforte
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- choc ripple truffle balls
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting