- Cake ingredients:
- 80 g Butter
- 130 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 mashed banana's (the riper the better)
- splash of vanilla
- 180 g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 50-100 g Milk
- sprinkle of mixed spice
- handful of currants (optional)
- handful of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Buttercream Ingredients:
- 125 g Butter
- 110 g icing sugar, mixture
- 4-5 Tbs pure maple syrup
Pre-heat oven to 180ºC and line a loaf tin or a 20cm round tin.
Cream butter and sugar on speed 8 for 20 seconds.
Add eggs and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds.
Add mashed bananas and vanilla and mix on speed 4 for 5 seconds.
Add flour, bi-carb soda, milk and mixed spice and mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds (if too thick add more milk).
Add currants and nuts and on speed 4 for 5 seconds.
Bake for 40-60 minutes or until browned, the top springs back when pushed, sides have shrunken back from the tin a little and a skewer tests clean.
When cake is cool ice with maple buttercream.
Cream butter on speed 4 for 2 minutes or until it becomes pale yellow in colour.
Add icing sugar and maple syrup and mix on speed 4 for 30 seconds.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast Garlic and Porcini Butter
- Spicy Pear Celebration Cake - Gluten Free
- Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Cream (Vegan, Dairy free)
- Salmon and Veggie Pasta for Kids
- Green Sorbet
- Salmon Bake
- Damp Almond Cake
- Simple Steamed Salmon
- Spice Cookies
- Cranberry, White Chocolate and Buttermilk Scones
- Chocolate Melting Moments With Peppermint Cream
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Gluten Free Sweet Chili & Cheese Muffins
- Bacon, Spinach & Red Pesto Risotto - Essential Living Mumma
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- Nanna's Pasties
- Cheesecake Brownie
- Orange Waffles
- Banana Raspberry Nice Cream Smoothie Bowl
- Courgette soup Lou`s way
- Quick Mini Quiches
- Nut and Muesli Slice
- quick breakfast smoothie
- Creamy chicken Kiev