- 125 grams Butter
- 3 Weetbix
- 150 grams Self Raising Flour
- 85 grams Coconut
- 155 grams brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125 grams icing sugar
- 30 grams cocoa
- 25 grams Milk
- 25 grams Butter
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180 and line slice tray with baking paper.
2. Add butter - melt 50 sec / 50 deg / speed 4.
3. Add Weetbix - crush 4 sec / speed 5. Scrape.
4. Add rest of ingredients - mix 4 sec / / speed 4. Scrape then 4 sec / / speed 4.
5. Use spatula to sure mixture is well mixed and empty mixture into tray and flatten out.
6. Bake for 12 mins or until golden brown.
7. Allow to cool in tray.
1. Clean bowl and add all icing ingredients in bowl - 6 sec / speed 4.
2. Spread icing over cooled slice and refrigerate to set.
3. Cut into pieces and store in airtight container.
Accessories you need
Tips: Make sure the mixture at step 5 appears fairly dry and has a rough breadcrumb texture to it. It may appear too dry, but it will come together in the oven. I had enough early failures (pre Tmx) to know! Any more wet ingredients makes the base to hard.
Disclaimer: I don't know the origins of this recipe. It is either an old family recipe or I found a variation of the family recipe online. Apologies if it was online, and can't give direct credit.
Costs: At at Feb '15, the recipe costs:
- all Homebrand - $3.17, or 10c per piece
- all Brand names - $5.75, or 18c per piece
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot Macadamia Crackers
- Chocolate Mint Biscuits
- Mum's Shortbread
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- Peanut Butter Biscuits
- Choc Peanut Butter Bliss Balls
- Walnut choc chip meringue cake
- Yummy Rocky Road
- Fructose free, dairy free cinnamon cookies
- Cranberry chocolate snack bars
- Vegan chocolate, raspberry and pistachio layer cake
- Plain Cake with Apple & Cinnamon Topping