- 120 grams Quinoa Grain
- 1000 grams water
- 50 grams pecans, (roughly chopped)
- 50 grams walnuts, (roughly chopped)
- 70 grams Cranberries (Dried)
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon, (to taste)
- Your favourite yoghurt
- Berry coulis, (from p50 of Everyday Cookbook)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Insert basket and weigh Quinoa into the basket
2. Pour the water over the top of the Quinoa into the bowl
3. Cook for 15mins, Varmona, speed 1
4. When finished, take out the basket and rinse Quinoa under cold water.
5. Drain Quinoa and then put it into a large bowl.
6. Add in the Pecans, Walnuts, Cranberries and Cinnamon and mix through.
7. Divide mixture into 3 bowls and serve with your favourite yoghurt and Berry Coulis.
Alternatively... take out one serve from the mixture for breakfast, and keep the rest in the fridge for your breakfast for the next couple of days (this is what I do).
Pecans and Walnuts can be substituted for any other nuts.
You could add in some other dried fruits like Apricots, or completely substitute out the Cranberries.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Amazing Vegetable Soup
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Quince conserve
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Easter Egg Buns