- 40g Linseeds (Flax seeds)
- 250g Raw Buckwheat
- 750g water
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 small piece fresh tumeric, optional
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- 4 heaped teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 250g Milk, you can use any sort, coconut milk, nut milk, cows milk
- drizzles of honey
Place linseeds into TM bowl & mill 15 secs speed 10, place to the side.
Place buckwheat into the TM bowl & cook for 3mins, 100 degrees "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1. Tip into another bowl.
Add vanilla bean, fresh ginger, tumeric & chop for 10 secs speed 10.
Add the toasted buckwheat water, cinnamon & star anise to the TM bowl cook for 20 mins 100 degrees "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 2.
Add milk & mix for 5 secs "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 3. Scoup out the star anise. Serve drizzled with honey & sprinkled with ground linseeds & extra milk to taste.
CHAI BUCKWHEAT PORRIDGE
The original recipe is from The Healthy Chef
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fresh Beetroot Salad
- Strawberry & Rosewater Sorbet for Cocktails/Mocktails
- Wonton Wrappers
- Garlic Sweet Potato Wedges
- Rhubarb Clafoutis
- Rhubarb & White Chocolate Cupcakes
- Gingerbread & Cream Cup Cakes
- Spicy Roasted Sweet Potato & Cauli "Rice"
- French Savory Cake
- Flu fighter Chicken Soup
- Beef & Veg 'Stirfry' with Cauliflower "Rice"
- Shredded chicken/chicken & veg soup & boiled eggs