- 2 level tbsp Agar Agar Flakes, NOT powder
- 1 cans coconut cream
- 1 cans coconut milk
- 150 g coconut yoghurt, To use as a starter
- 1 portions vanilla bean, Scraped
- 1 level tbsp Coconut sugar, Or sweetener of choice: honey, rice malt, maple etc
- 2 portions Dairy free probiotic capsule, Optional
- 1 litres Glass jar
17h 0minPreparation 17h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- sterilise glass jar, clean mixing bowl thoroughly
- 1: place coconut cream and milk into Tm bowl. Add agar flakes.
2: cook 10 mins 100°C "Counter-clockwise operation" 5
3: allow the mix to cool now to 60°C
Let it sit undisturbed with the lid off. This can take around 30 minutes.
Set your timer so you don't forget.
4: when the thermomix reads 60 °C add all remaining ingredients
5: now switch over to the 'automated yoghurt setting' on your tm5. Scroll through the instructions until you reach 'start'. This will now start making your yoghurt over 8 hours.
6: when the 8 hours is up, pour your yoghurt mix into the prepared glass jar. It will be runny in some places and thick in others, this is fine.
7: put into the fridge for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
8: after it has chilled place back into the tm bowl. It may look like thick jelly.
9: mix 10 seconds/ speed 6
scrape down the sides with a spatula then mix again 10 seconds / speed 6 or until you reach your disired consistency.
10: remove 150g of the yoghurt and place in a seperate sterile jar for the starter for your next batch.
Sterilise and clean equipment
Follow the instructions exactly.
If you use agar powder it will be grainy. Only use flakes. You can order these online or get from a good health food store.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)