- 300 grams Desiccated Coconut
- 1500 grams filtered water
- 100 grams arrowroot flour (tapioca)
- 2 level tablespoon Sweetner / Nativia
- 4 capsules Dairy free probiotics
16h 30minPreparation 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add 300 grams coconut to bowl and blend speed 8 for 30 seconds
2. Add 1500 grams water to mix and blitz speed 8 for 1 minute
3. Strain through nut bag until all milk is squeezed out. It will get thicker at the end, keep squeezing until no more is left
4. Don't clean the bowl. Return the milk to the bowl and add 100 grams arrowroot flour. Mix 10 seconds speed 4. Cook 10 minutes 80 degrees speed 3
5. Allow mix to cool to 37 degrees. This takes 2-3 hours depending on how hot or cold the kitchen is
6. Once at 37 degrees add 2 level tablespoons of sweetener. Mix 10 seconds speed 4
7. Boil the kettle. Once boiled add to thermosever to keep warm
8. Add the contents of the capsules to the bowl. Gently mix speed 3 for 10 seconds or until mixed
9. Cook for 3 minutes 37 degrees speed 3
10. At end of cooking time empty thermosever and immediately add yogurt to the thermosever. Wrap the thermosever in tea towels and leave on bench overnight (about 10-12 hours)
11. The next morning, tip into jars. Normally makes about 1.5 litres of yogurt. You may want to use a funnel if not comfortable free pouring
Accessories you need
You will need a nut bag or muslin wrap to strain out the blitzed coconut
If you don't have a thermosever something similar that can retain heat would be good
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan pouring cream for savoury recipes
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Lynn's Spreadable Butter
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Vegan Parmesan (Noochesan!)
- Chicken Stock Powder
- GF Protein Balls
- Lemon Lime Curd
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- Gluten Free Granola
- Grain free/Keto Raspberry Granola
- Peanut crunch protein bites