- 1000 g brown onions, Peeled and sliced
- 150 g Cooking salt
- 500 g malt vinegar
- 200 g honey
- 1 --- whole garlic bulb, Peeled
24h 0minPreparation 24h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- In a air tight container or bowl place all the onion and salt, mix until combined and rest over night in a cool corner of the kitchen.
- next day wash and rinse onions, the should be soft and pungent. Pack into streralised jars leaving 2cm head space.
- put all garlic in the mixing bowl. MC on 5sec/speed7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl.
- Add honey and vinegar to mixing bowl. Simmering basket in lid. 5min/varoma/speed 2
- pour hot picking liquid over onions until covered completely. Place lid on jar. Store in a cool dark place for 4 weeks before opening to enjoy
Accessories you need
I sterilise my jars using the varoma 1000g water; 15min/varoma/speed4.
I sterilise just before I make the picking liquid so the glass is still warm when I pour the picking liquid over the onions. This prevents the glass cracking under the shock of temperature change.
I recycle my jars so use different size jars all the time, the proportion made will depend on your jar size.
These make a nice addition to a gift hamper. Great addition to a cheese platter or a gourmet sandwich.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Honey Joys (Qty 12-36)
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Up and Go
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Chocolate Panforte
- Sesame bars Cookidoo - translated from Italian
- Satay noodle salad
- Cacao turmeric latte