- 600ml Cream (not thickened)
- Insert butterfly and cream and turn on speed 4 for about 20 seconds or until the fat separates from the liquid (buttermilk).
- Take butterfly out & strain the butter from all the buttermilk (I use my hands to squeeze all the buttermilk out)
- Put butter back into Thermie and wash it on speed 4 for about 10 seconds with about 500g cold water
- Repeat straining process and washing process one more time
- Put the butter back into the Thermie, leave the MC OFF or place rice basket ontop (to prevent splatter from the bubbling) and cook on Varoma, speed one for around 30-45 minutes or until the butter has bubbled and become clear with bits floating on the top. (It will depend on how fresh your cream is as to how long it takes)
- Once Ghee has become clear and you can see bits floating ontop and solids at the bottom, turn the Thermie off and prepare to strain it with a muslin with either the rice basket or a seive.
- Strain then pour into a dry glass jar with a lid. Allow it to cool before securing the lid. It can be kept in the pantry or fridge (but it will go hard in the fridge)
** Ghee is widely known as a healthy cooking oil traditionally used in India. Use it for sauteing.
Step 1 : Make Butter
Step 2 : Making Ghee
Accessories you need
- I reccommend sticking to the volumes I've given as the butter bubbles half way up the bowl and you don't want it to bubble over.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Blanch Vegetables
- Pickled Beetroot
- All Green Stock Powder
- Rice porridge
- Amazing Spicy Prawn And Barramundi Saute
- Vanilla Coconut Yoghurt (TM6 - Mixing Bowl Method)
- Gluten Free Wonton/ Dumpling Wrappers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd
- Variation Curry Powder
- SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Banana Split Pops
- Tomato Puree (Passata)
- Mini Quiches with Sundried Tomatoes
- My favourite Green Smoothie
- Quinoa Cauli Chicken Soup
- Turkish Lahmacun (pronounced Larmarjoon)
- Oven Roasted Eggplant & Rosemary Butter
- Fairy Butter
- Watermelon-strawberry-mint icypoles
- Parmesan Butter
- Quinoa Linseed & Sunflower Bread
- Cashew Rocky Road