- 200 grams butter , cubed and frozen hard
- 200 grams flour
- 90 grams water, really cold
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Recipe is created for
I wasn't too sure the recipe I had, from the Portuguese book "Massas" (pastries), could actually work. Then I saw it was the same as in the Fast and Easy Indian Cooking. So I decided to give it a try.
200 g butter, cut into pieces and frozen hard
200 g flour
90 ml really cold water (or white wine; I used water)
1/2 tsp salt
All went into Thermie and 20 seconds later on 6, it was done!!!! A lovely, slightly sticky dough came out that seemed to have potential. So I left it in the fridge for a few minutes and did 3 rollings and foldings during the breaks in the CSI episode I was watching. Then back to the fridge wrapped in plastic film.
And today, 2 days later, I produced these delightful little fans by simply rolling on a sugar-strewn tabletop, cutting tiny strips and twisting. Hot oven (230ºC) for 10 or 15 minutes, if I remember rightly. Seeing is believing...
Work fast so dough doesn't warm up.
Dough can be frozen, wrapped in plastic film.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Basic Baleada
- Variation Creme Anglaise
- Lebanese Rice With Vermicelli
- Easy Peasy Steak Marinade
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- Banana Bread
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- One-banana Banana Bread
- Banana and white chocolate brownies
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun