- 1 litres semi-skimmed milk
- 100 g skim milk powder
- 120 g Greek yoghurt, Good Quality, I like Jalna Potted. Does not need to be light/low fat.
11h 25minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Your bowl, blades, lid and measuring cup need to be very clean before you start this recipe.
- If using milk from the fridge, add milk to thermomix bowl. Set for 10 min, 37°C, speed 1, MC on. If you use long-life milk from the cupboard, you can skip this step.
- Add skim milk powder to bowl, mix for 5 seconds, speed 5, MC on.
- Add yoghurt starter to bowl, set for 10 mins, 37°C, speed 1, MC on.
- Your yoghurt now needs to sit for at least 8 hours to allow the cultures to do their thing. If you won't be using your Thermomix bowl over this time, leave the yoghurt to sit in this. Otherwise use a Thermoserve with the lid on. You need to keep it relatively warm, so if you live in a cold climate, you could wrap in a towel or blanket. I live in a semi tropical climate, so have not had to do this.
- After 8 hours, refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. You can either leave in thermoserve (if used) or trasfer to a sealable container. Make sure you reserve 120g of your batch, to use as your starter for your next batch. Once I take out my 120g starter, I am left with enough to perfectly fit in a 1L container.
Accessories you need
I make this with all of my thermomix parts fresh from the dishwasher, so I know they are very clean.
This makes a thick yoghurt. If you prefer it runny, halve, or even leave out the milk powder.
If you would like to flavour this, you can add vanilla bean paste (be careful of sugar contant if you are restricting added sugars. You could also see my recipe for summer fruits yoghurt here https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/qk142a7i-beb0d-579138-beea0-nwvmwau7/edit
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.