- 1 litre full cream milk, best quality
- 100 grams cream
- 100 grams full cream milk powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence, or powder
- 1 tsp Yoghurt starter culture, or probiotic
8h 0minPreparation 8h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Weigh in the milk, milk powder and cream.
Heat 15 mins / 90 degrees / sp 3.
Leave in the bowl to cool with gladwrap directly on top of the milk to prevent a skin from forming (about 1.5 hrs) You can test the temperature: when you place the bowl back onto the base it will tell you. It must be no more than 40 degrees.
When cooled sufficiently remove gladwrap layer and add 1 tsp probiotic powder.
Mix 5 secs / sp 5.
Cook 10 mins / 37 degrees / sp 3.
Meanwhile preheat a thermoserver by adding hot water, then dry and clean. Pour in yoghurt, wrap the thermoserver in a towel and keep in a warm place to stay at 37 degrees for 6-8 hours.
I like to place mine in the oven where there is no draft. Be careful NOT to turn it on!!
Yoghurt should be thick after 6 hrs.
Will keep in fridge for 3 weeks.
OPTIONS: You can set yoghurt in jars , as long as they are wrapped well and kept at 37 degrees for 6 hours. OK in warmer weather.
You may sweeten yoghurt with honey or sugar, about 60 gr.
Yoghurt probiotic is available from brewer's shops or health food shops
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Basic Baleada
- Variation Creme Anglaise
- Lebanese Rice With Vermicelli
- Layelles too easy Caramilk Tart
- Spring time spinach cob loaf
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Aunty Jessie’s Jam Sponge Cake
- No bake Malteser cheesecake with caramilk swirl
- Baked Espresso Martini Cheesecake with Kahlua Syrup
- Layelle’s too easy chocolate tart
- Pot set yoghurt
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Caramilk Cheesecake