- 6-8 --- Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and cubes, sliced thinly
- 50 gram raw sugar
- 1/2 stick cinnamon
- 100 gram raw suger
- 3 --- eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 200 gram plain flour
- 100 gram coconut oil
- 130 gram chia seed gel, to make chia seed gel, put 70 gr into a glass jar with 500 ml filtered water, shake and soak overnight in the fridge
1h 26minPreparation 6minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Pre heat oven to 160 degrees celsius
oil and line a springform tin and place apple slices onto bottom of lined spring form tin.
put 50 gr raw sugar and 1/2 stick of cinnamon into tm bowl and mill for 30sec/spd8-sprinkle half over apple slices and set aside remainder.
put 100 gr raw sugar into tm bowl, 6sec/spd10, scrape down sides and add eggs, vanilla bean paste, plain flour, coconut oil, and chia seed gel, process 40sec//spd6
pour batter over layered apples, when all batter is over apples, be sure to tap the springform tin on the bench a couple of times to make sure the batter goes between the layers of apple, top with remaining cinnamon sugar.
Cook for 1 hour 20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
This cake needs to cool in the tin first, and is best if left overnight in the fridge before removing from tin ( if you can wait this long)
With all your apple scraps you can make homemade apple cider vinegar and it is so so simple
put your scraps into a glass jar, fill with filtered water and a tablespoon of honey and stir to ensure honey is dissolved
Cover with a paper towel and rubber band and leave for one week in a dark place.
After one week, strain the solids from the liquids, put back into your glass jar and leave in a dark place for a further 5 weeks...after this time you will have apple cider vinegar which also has the MOTHER in it...easy peasy!
apple pie cake
apple cider vinegar
it is best to put the dates on your thermomix calendar that you need to firstly remove the solids from liquid, and then after the 5 weeks is up to have a look at it and start using it...it soesnt hurt to have a look at it before hand to see how it is going as it all depends on the weather as to the time it takes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate,Ginger and Orange Bliss Balls / Protein Balls
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Halawet El Rez
- Maple Pancakes
- Pear sorbet
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chocolate Magic Cake
- Cashew Carrot Dip
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Carrot and Zucchini Cookies (sugar free)
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Walnut Cheesecake Slice
- Seeded banana and honey loaf
- Cinnamon crumble cake
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free