- 100 g raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hrs and drained
- 50 g white chia seeds
- 150 g Raw beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 100 g orange, peeled
- 80 g dates
- 60 g honey, or to taste
- chocolate cups, to serve (optional)
- orange zest, to serve
Add the cashews to the mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Add the chia seeds to the mixing bowl and grind 5 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl and grind for a further 5 sec/speed 9. Set aside with cashews.
Add the beetroot to the mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add the orange, dates, and honey. Blend 15 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of bowl and puree 1 min/speed 5.
Return the cashews and chia seeds to the bowl. Mix 20 sec/speed 4. Using the spatula, make sure the beetroot is fully combined.
To serve, spoon the mousse into dessert bowls or chocolate cups and garnish with orange zest.
Accessories you need
Make your own chocolate cups by thickly coating silicone moulds with melted chocolate and refrigerating until firm. Can be made ahead.
Mousse is best made and served immediately for the best consistency.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vanilla Slice
- Vanilla Fudge
- Chocolate caramel coconut balls
- Mel’s anything goes Rocky Road
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Sticky Date and Pear Cake
- Raspberry, almond, cacao and hemp bliss balls
- Pouring sugar-free low-fat Vanilla Custard
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Double Choc Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Sugar Coated Nuts
- Sloppy Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Chai Pear Muffins
- Veggie Chilli
- Smaller Figolli (Maltese Easter Biscuits)
- Cheese and pear gnocchi
- Pumpkin and Harissa Hummus
- Mango Bar Thickshake
- Red Rice and Beans
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Turmeric Latte Porridge
- Variation (Doubled) Healthy Apple Crumble
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Nana’s Beer Bread
- Honey and Pumpkin Bread
- Cashew Chia Breakie Cookies
- Raw Cacao & Almond Protein Balls
- Variation Muesli Balls
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)