- 100 g raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hrs and drained
- 50 g white chia seeds
- 150 g Raw beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 100 g orange, peeled
- 80 g dates
- 60 g honey, or to taste
- chocolate cups, to serve (optional)
- orange zest, to serve
Add the cashews to the mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Add the chia seeds to the mixing bowl and grind 5 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl and grind for a further 5 sec/speed 9. Set aside with cashews.
Add the beetroot to the mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add the orange, dates, and honey. Blend 15 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of bowl and puree 1 min/speed 5.
Return the cashews and chia seeds to the bowl. Mix 20 sec/speed 4. Using the spatula, make sure the beetroot is fully combined.
To serve, spoon the mousse into dessert bowls or chocolate cups and garnish with orange zest.
Accessories you need
Make your own chocolate cups by thickly coating silicone moulds with melted chocolate and refrigerating until firm. Can be made ahead.
Mousse is best made and served immediately for the best consistency.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Variation Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Healthy chocolate coconut slice
- Creamy Leche Flan
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Chia Custard Pudding - adapted from Pete Evans recipe (Paleo)
- Thermo Cazza's Rocky Road
- Berry Yogurt Sorbet
- 3 Ingredient Choc Nice Cream
- Healthy Apple and Custard Crumble
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Double Choc Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Sugar Coated Nuts
- Sloppy Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Chai Pear Muffins
- Veggie Chilli
- Smaller Figolli (Maltese Easter Biscuits)
- Cheese and pear gnocchi
- Pumpkin and Harissa Hummus
- Mango Bar Thickshake
- Red Rice and Beans
- Refined Sugar Free Muesli Bars
- Double cooked Pork Ribs
- Nutfree Chocolate Granola
- German Rouladen
- Quick Honey Chicken
- Post Pregnancy Belly Balm
- Blueberry Jam
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- Paleo Meringue
- Nut Bar
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Satay dressing (or dipping sauce)