- 100 g raw cashews, soaked for 2-4 hrs and drained
- 50 g white chia seeds
- 150 g Raw beetroot, peeled and quartered
- 100 g orange, peeled
- 80 g dates
- 60 g honey, or to taste
- chocolate cups, to serve (optional)
- orange zest, to serve
Add the cashews to the mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Set aside.
Add the chia seeds to the mixing bowl and grind 5 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl and grind for a further 5 sec/speed 9. Set aside with cashews.
Add the beetroot to the mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add the orange, dates, and honey. Blend 15 sec/speed 10. Scrape down sides of bowl and puree 1 min/speed 5.
Return the cashews and chia seeds to the bowl. Mix 20 sec/speed 4. Using the spatula, make sure the beetroot is fully combined.
To serve, spoon the mousse into dessert bowls or chocolate cups and garnish with orange zest.
Accessories you need
Make your own chocolate cups by thickly coating silicone moulds with melted chocolate and refrigerating until firm. Can be made ahead.
Mousse is best made and served immediately for the best consistency.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Choc Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Healthy carrot, chia and walnut balls
- New York Baked Cheesecake
- Chocolate Magic Cake
- Knefah Cups
- Dutch chocolate pudding
- Steamed date, fig and chocolate puddings with caramel sauce
- Cherry Ripe Balls
- Peppermint Crisp Log
- family sized Apple and raspberry crumble
- Honey Sriracha Marinade
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Peanut Butter Bark (Protein Bar)
- Seeded banana and honey loaf
- Lemon Coconut Yoghurt Cake
- Oscars Honey Corn cereal
- Oscars banana smoothie ....
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Fruit "roll ups"
- Healthy Oat Muffins (No Flour No Sugar No Oil)