- 300 grams Plain Flour.
- 100 grams Almond Meal.
- 80 grams sugar
- 95 gram Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Paste/Extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 Egg Whites.
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Pinch salt
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1000 grams Ricotta Cheese Fresh
- 150 grams Sugar.
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Paste/Extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 250 grams thickened cream
- 60 grams plain flour or cornflour
- 2 tbsp lemoncello, (Option)
1h 45minPreparation 45minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Ricotta cheese must be well drained before use. Line a sieve with paper towel or cheese cloth and drain for at least 1 hour or for best result over night.
2. Pre-heat oven to 180c. Spray a large springform tin oil and line with baking paper (making sure it comes up the sides).
3.Place flour, almond meal, sugar, butter, egg, vanilla & baking powder into your mixing bowl then knead 2 min/.
4. Roll out 2/3 of the dough into the base of your springform tin. Place the rest of the dough around the sides and press up against walls of your baking tin. This will give edge of 3cm high.
5. Put base into fridge while preparing filling.
6. Clean and dry TM bowl thoroughly.
7. Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites, cold water and pinch of salt into mixing bowl. Whip for approx.3-5 min/speed 4 or until egg whites are stiff, while whipping add 1 tbsp sugar set egg whites aside in another bowl. Rinse and dry TM bowl or (use second TM bowl).
8. Place lemon zest into mixing bowl and grate 10 sec/speeds 8.5.
9. Insert butterfly whisk. Add drained ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla sugar, egg yolks, cream and flour whisk together for approx 40 sec/ speed 3.5 or until light and fluffy.
10. Pour mixture gently into egg whites and fold in with whisk or TM spatula retaining as much air as possible.
11. Pour cheese filling into prepared tin and bake at 180c on the middle shelf of your oven for 60-65 minutes or until golden brown.
12. Once cooked loosen the rim of your baking tin after removing from oven and allow to cool down completely before removing from tin.
Once cooled served with icing sugar & fresh berries.
Base and Filling
*Make your own almond meal.
*Add cocoa powder to filling ingredients to make it a chocolate cheese cake.
*Cover the top of the cake with TM Nutella or a berry compot
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sugar Free Lemon Curd/Butter
- Blueberry Jam
- Mudslide with Keto IceCream
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Top Deck Caramel Crunch
- Fluffy Keto Cheesecake with Gin infused Lemon Curd
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart