THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 210 g plain flour
- 50 g castor sugar, pre-milled from raw
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 115 g butter, cold, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 250 g whey or buttermilk
- 100 g castor sugar, pre-milled from raw
- 60 g Butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- Zest 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200 g blueberries
- Icing Sugar to Dust
15h 0minPreparation 15h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
Add flour, pre milled sugar, salt and butter to bowl and Turbo x 4 until combined.
Add yolk and cold water and Turbo x 4 until it a dough ball begins to form, It does not need to be completely worked into a dough ball, you can shape the rest by hand during the next stage.
Turn dough onto a large piece of cling film and shape tightly into a ball. Refridgerate for 1 hr or more, the longer it hardens the easier it will be to roll it out later.
Roll your pastry out into a circular shape between two sheets of baking paper. You can flour the top and bottom if it helps it to stop sticking. Roll it about 2-3mm thick or the same size as your flan tin. Lay the dough onto your greased flan tin and press into the edges and up the sides. Fix up any cracks and the edges with any spare pastry. Put in fridge for at least 1/2 hour.
Put flan tin on a baking tray (to catch any drips). Put some baking paper on top of your pastry and fill it with either rice or dried chickpeas to 'blind bake' for 25 minutes or until the edges are set, they don't need to be fully cooked, just set. Remove paper and weights and bake for a further 5 minutes until edges are golden. Allow to cool completely.
Grate lemon zest speed 9 for 15 seconds
Add butter to bowl and melt on 50c speed 1 for 2 minutes.
Combine whey (or buttermilk), pre milled sugar, yolks, flour, juice, vanilla and salt with the melted butter already in the bowl, speed 4 for 5-10 seconds until smooth.
Add blueberries to cooled pastry base and pour the filling over the top ensuring all the blueberries are coated.
Bake for 30 minutes (or up to 50 minutes if using whey instead of buttermilk) until filling is just set in the centre. It may 'wobble' a little when you shake the tin but it will set more as it cools.
When cool cut into wedges and dust with icing sugar
The pastry will roll a lot easier if you let it set for as long as possible, but if you are like me and can't wait, stick to the 1 hour but be prepared for a little frustration!
Use a removable base flan tin if possible. Don't forget to put a baking tray under the tin as if you have any cracks in your pastry or you are a bit rough putting it in the oven you may have some spillage!
If using whey instead of buttermilk, it does take a lot longer to set, but it is worth it. Just allow a little more cooking time and keep checking it until set.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Cacao & Peppermint Bliss Balls - Nut & Dairy Free
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Russian Honey Cake
- Wagon Wheel slice
- Nut Butter Mousse
- Unicorn balls
- Heavenly Chocolate Fudge Protein Slice
- Vanilla Slice Italian
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Chocolate Custard
- Easy automated yogurt - TM5
- Jaffa Cheesecake Slice
- Easy Peasy Spreadable Butter
- Nat's Saucy Pork Belly
- Orange & Apple Cous Cous
- Orange Salt & Pepper Rub
- Orange & Poppyseed Glazed Varoma Chicken
- My Husband's Bachelor 'Baked' Beans
- "I LOVE your Cauliflower Cheese" bake
- Varoma Teriyaki Style Fish & Udon Noodles with steamed veggies
- Mocha custard
- Purple Carrot & Date Muffins
- Cherry Ripe Soft Serve
- Lemony Lemon Brownies
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay