- 100 g Butter
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 15 g cocoa
- 75 g caster sugar
- 100 g plain sweet biscuits
- 300 g glace cherries
- 150 g dessicated coconut
- 1 cans condensed milk
- 5 drop Red food colouring
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 30 g Copha
- 1 tablespoon cream, (optional, for softer chocolate)
8Recipe is created for
Place butter into TMX bowl and melt on 60 degrees, speed 1 for 3 minutes. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Without washing bowl, place flour, cocoa, sugar and biscuits into bowl. Process on speed 4 for 20 seconds.
Add melted butter and combine on speed 4 for 20 seconds. (The mixture will be quite dry.)
Press into the base of a paper-lined slice tray and cook in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
Place 200g cherries into cleaned bowl and pulse on turbo 3-4 times.
Add coconut and pulse on turbo 3-4 times to combine.
Chop remaining 100g cherries into halves and add to bowl with condensed milk and food colouring. Combine on speed 3 for 10 seconds.
Spread filling over base and cook in a moderate oven for 30 minutes.
Allow to cool completely before icing.
Place all ingredients into clean and dry bowl and melt on 60 degrees, speed 3 for 3 minutes. Spread over filling and place in fridge until set and cold. Slice and serve.
I don't know about you, but Christmas gives me an instant free pass to cook lots of deliciously bad treats. This year I've been trying out a few new ones with pleasing results.I found this recipe for Cherry Ripe Slice and knew that it would be perfect for converting for the Thermomix. It was really yummy - I only managed to have one small piece before it was all gone so I think I'll have to try it again before Christmas. The icing was supposed to be just chocolate spread over the top, but I tried adding a tablespoon of cream to turn it into more of a set ganache so that it would be easier to slice. I also added a couple of drops of red food colouring to the cherry mixture to make it more red.
Recipe from my blog: //tonicoward.blogspot.com/2011/12/thermomix-cooking-cherry-ripe-slice.html
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Delectable Vanilla Fudge
- Easy Crepe Recipe
- Impossible Pie
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Converted Healthy Mummy chocolate weetbix slice
- Lavender Icecream
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- White Nectarine & Pink Lady Sorbet
- Gluten Free Fruit Crumble
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Lisa's Banana Muffins
- Hot cross buns
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Quick Mix Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns