- 150 grams Butter
- 150 grams dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 220 grams Rapadura Sugar, (or brown sugar)
- 200 grams Milk
- 150 grams Self Raising Flour, (I use Orgran gluten free)
- 75 grams plain flour, (I use Orgran gluten free)
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 1 can Nestle top'n'fill caramel
1. Place the butter, chocolate, sugar and milk in the TM bowl and cook for 2 minutes at 50 degrees on speed 2, or until all melted and sugar dissolved.
2. Add flours and cocoa and mix on speed 4 for 5-10 seconds, or until well combined. You may need to scrape the bowl once.
3. Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing on speed 4 until eggs are well combined.
4. Pour into individual lightly greased 125ml dariole molds, approx 3/4 of the way up the side. Add a blob of caramel in the middle of each mold.
5. Without needing to clean the bowl, add 1 litre hot water to the bowl. Secure lid and place Varoma on top. Fill with molds (I fit about 6 in and just do a couple of batches - as seen in the pic below).
6. Put lid on Varoma and steam at Varoma temp, speed 3-4 for 20-25 minutes (depending on whether you want a slight lava affect and depending on the temperature of your water when you add it to the bowl).
7. Turn out and serve with ice cream or cream and berries.
Accessories you need
Can add different flavours instead or as well as caramel. Try grated zest of one orange for a jaffa flavour, or an espresso shot for a mocha flavour!
Could be made dairy free by substituting the milk for rice milk, soy milk or even coconut milk and substituting the butter for nutelex or a similar non dairy spread. The caramel would also need to be omitted.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raspberry Coconut Slice (gluten free)
- Nut and gluten free fudgy chocolate brownie slice
- Black rice, seed and choc chip cookies - gluten and nut free
- Raw cashew, cacao and coconut oil truffle coated in dark chocolate
- Almond and coconut balls (Ferrero Raffaello style!)
- Gluten Free Kahlua Christmas Cake
- Breakfast loaf - gluten, dairy and nut free
- Apple Hazelnut cake
- Healthy grain cherry macaroon cake
- Brown rice and quinoa baby rusks
- Gluten free profiteroles
- 'Sausage' rolls
- Swedish caramel biscuits (Kolakakor / Sirapskakor)
- Vanilla Smoothie
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Apple Tea Cakes
- Fruit slice
- Apple Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Thai Green Curry
- DinnerWinner Curry
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- White Sauce for lasagna