THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 800-1000 g Coconut Milk/ Cream, Home Made/ Canned
- 30-50 g Kudzu/ Kuzu, (See Notes)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon probiotic powder, (OR 1x Probiotic Capsule)
If preparing homemade coconut milk, I recommend Quirky Cookings recipe: //quirkycooking.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/quick-egg-curry-with-quinoa-plus-how-to.html
This milk must be used immeadiatly to avoid separation.
If using canned product I recommend Ayam Coconut Cream (Dark Green Can) for a particularly decadent yoghurt.
Grind Kudzu/ Kuzu down to a fine powder.
If using homemade coconut milk, you will require 50grams of Kudzu/ Kuzu. If using canned product you will only require approximatly 30 grams.
Combine equal parts Kudzu and Coconut milk in a small bowl to disolve.
Place coconut milk, kudzu mix and honey in TMX bowl. Heat for 20 minutes, 90 degrees, speed 3. Leave in TMX.
Allow to cool to 37 degrees. This may take a couple of hours depending on climate.
Taking 1/2 a cup of coconut mixture from TMX into a sterilised bowl, gently stir in probiotic using sterilised utensil. Return to TMX
Heat for 15 minutes, 37 degrees, speed 3.
While this is happening, clean thermoserver thoroughly and dry. Poor boiling water into server and cover.
Empty boiling water from thermoserver and poor in yoghurt mix. Cover with lid.
Remove thermoserver tray and wrap bowl in two large towels (I use beach towels).
Leave out on the bench overnight. Do not disturb.
After approximately 12 hours it will begin to smell a little sour. It will not yet be fully set. Remove beach towels and place thermoserver in fridge for a further 12 hours without disturbing.
- Combine with stewed fruit, fruit compote, sliced fruit.
- Use as a base for Tatziki
- Combine with a little lemon juice, honey, salt and dill for a mayonaise substitute
- Use in place of regular yoghurt in Roasted Beetroot Dip recipe found in the TMX Vegetarian cookbook.
- Use in smoothies and homemade popsicles.
- Use in currys
Coconut Milk/ Cream
This is a great dish to serve during stressful periods such as the beginning of the school year or exam time.
Kudzu/ Kuzu has many health benefits, in particular its ability to calm and soothe nervous tension, especially the kind that can manifest itself in the form of stomach upsets/ abdominal pain.
It is available from most healthfood stores and goes by both names. It is quite expensive but a worthwhile investment during periods of adjustment and anxiety.
This recipe can also be made using gelatine and agar agar, but would not have the same calming properties.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Post Pregnancy Belly Balm
- Blueberry Jam
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- Paleo Meringue
- Nut Bar
- Choc Weetbix Bliss Balls
- Satay dressing (or dipping sauce)
- Chia Pudding with raspberry coulis
- Variation Healthy Apple Crumble
- Bao Buns
- Whipped Cinnamon Butter
- Gingerbread Bliss Balls -Variation of Cinnamon Doughnut Bliss Balls (paleo, raw, vegan, dairy-free, grain-free, gluten-free)