- 5 eggs, seperated
- 35 g Dark eating chocolate, for grating
- 160 g dark eating chocolate, broken into squares
- 160 g Butter, chopped
- 165 g caster, sugar
- 120 g almond meal
- 50 g toasted flaked almonds, chopped coarsely
- 125 g dark eating chocolate, broken into squares
- 80 g cream
Preheat oven to moderate (180C/160C fan-forced)
Grease deep 22cm round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper
Ensure bowl is clean & dry. Insert butterfly whisk. Add egg whites and beat 3-4 min/Sp 3.5. Set aside into large bowl
Rinse and dry bowl. Add 35g chocolate and grate 3 sec/Sp 7. Set aside
Without rinsing bowl add 160g chocolate and the butter and melt for 5min/50C/Sp 2. Set aside
Add egg yolks and sugar to bowl and beat 2min/Sp 5
Add chocolate mixture, almond meal, flaked almonds and grated chocolate and mix 10 sec/reverse Sp 5
Add 1/3 of egg white mixture and mix 10 sec/reverse Sp 2
Add mixture to the remaining egg whites and carefully fold without overmixing.
Pour into pan; bake about 45minutes.
Stand cake in pan 15 minutes; turn cake top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
Meanwhile, place ganache ingredients into bowl and melt 4min/50C/Sp 2
Spread ganache over cake; stand 30 minues before serving
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Lemon Cake Bliss Balls
- Zilm Chocolate Coconut Balls
- Cherry Ripe Slice
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Rima’s sugar syrup from cookidoo
- Rima’s Zuzu Saed’s Atayef
- Lemon Raw Balls (gluten free, sulphur free)
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Fig Honey Almond Tart
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- Clone of Yummy Apple Shortcake - Raspberry & White Choc Version
- Quick & Easy Bread Dough for Buns/Loaves
- Caramel Slice
- Orange, Date & Walnut Muffins
- Lemon Loaf
- Feijoa & Date Cake
- Best Feijoa Cake
- Cream Cheese & Raspberry Coffee Cake
- Red Onion Tart
- Lime Tart
- Pumpkin Spice Bread