- 5 eggs, seperated
- 35 g Dark eating chocolate, for grating
- 160 g dark eating chocolate, broken into squares
- 160 g Butter, chopped
- 165 g caster, sugar
- 120 g almond meal
- 50 g toasted flaked almonds, chopped coarsely
- 125 g dark eating chocolate, broken into squares
- 80 g cream
Preheat oven to moderate (180C/160C fan-forced)
Grease deep 22cm round cake pan; line base and side with baking paper
Ensure bowl is clean & dry. Insert butterfly whisk. Add egg whites and beat 3-4 min/Sp 3.5. Set aside into large bowl
Rinse and dry bowl. Add 35g chocolate and grate 3 sec/Sp 7. Set aside
Without rinsing bowl add 160g chocolate and the butter and melt for 5min/50C/Sp 2. Set aside
Add egg yolks and sugar to bowl and beat 2min/Sp 5
Add chocolate mixture, almond meal, flaked almonds and grated chocolate and mix 10 sec/reverse Sp 5
Add 1/3 of egg white mixture and mix 10 sec/reverse Sp 2
Add mixture to the remaining egg whites and carefully fold without overmixing.
Pour into pan; bake about 45minutes.
Stand cake in pan 15 minutes; turn cake top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
Meanwhile, place ganache ingredients into bowl and melt 4min/50C/Sp 2
Spread ganache over cake; stand 30 minues before serving
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!
- Pineapple Rice Pudding
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Balls
- Banana Tart
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- Apricot Nectar Cheesecake - No bake/unbaked
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Aunty Maree's Best Banana Cake Ever
- It’s Lime Cheesecake!
- LONG JOHNS (CREAM DOUGHNUT)
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Jaffa Macarons
- Empanada Pastry
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Courgette Flan
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup