- 100 grams buckwheat
- 50 grams almonds
- 115 grams tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 125 grams Butter, Chilled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1 egg, White only
- 1 orange, Rind and juice
- 155 grams Dried Dates
- 3 green apples, Peeled, cored and quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
- 30 grams Butter
- 100 grams Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 teaspoon Nutmeg
1h 15minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Mill buckwheat for 30 seconds/speed 9. Remove from bowl.
2. Mill almonds for 10 seconds/speed 9.
3. Add reserved buckwheat flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, vanilla bean paste and cinnamon. Mix for 10 seconds/speed 6.
4. Add butter and mix for 5 seconds/speed 7. Mixture should resemble bread crumbs.
5. Add maple syrup and egg white and mix for 10 seconds/speed6.
6. Roll mixture into 3cm balls and press into moulds or a small muffin tray until little cups are formed. Pastry should be 3mm thick. Make 18.
7. With the remaining mixture roll out 2mm thick and cut into stars for the tops.
8. Chill cases and tops for 30 minutes.
1. Peel orange and add the rind to mixing bowl and zest for 10 seconds/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat. Remove from bowl.
2. Add dates to mixing bowl and chop for 10 seconds/speed 7. Remove from bowl.
3. Add apples to mixing bowl and chop for 5 seconds/speed 5. Add peel, dates, juice from orange, water and butter. Simmer for 7 minutes/ 80 degrees/reverse/speed 1.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for a further 7 minutes/ 80 degrees/reverse/speed 1.
5. Allow filling to cool and leave overnight if possible. If not possible don't worry.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
2. Fill cases with rice and bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
3. Bake tops for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
4. While the tops are baking fill the cases with your filling.
5. Place stars on top and sprinkle with dessicated coconut.
6. Try not to eat them all in 1 sitting.
Accessories you need
If you want to leave the filling to sit overnight remember to make it a day in advance.
Converted from Alexx Stuart's delicious recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Condensed Milk Icecream
- Variation Rice Bubble Bars
- Chocolate Coco-nutty Granola
- Stracciatella Gelato
- Pear Galette
- Healthy Rum Balls
- Butterscotch Impossible Pie
- Notella Bliss Balls
- CREAMED RICE (THERMOMUMMA)
- Apple Protein Balls
- Gingerbread Waffles with (or without) Toffee Sauce
- Caramilk White Christmas Slice
- Temeika's Caramel Slice
- 20 Second Donut Muffins
- Banana Bread
- Thermomixtress' favourite Low Carb Satay Sauce
- Laksa Penang
- Thermomixtress' favourite mash potato recipe
- Paleo Granola
- Banana & blueberry muffins
- Apple, Raspberry, White Chocolate Desert
- Mushroom and Mascarpone Tart
- Apricot Bliss Balls