- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt or cream of tartar, (for whipping with egg whites)
- 150 grams raw sugar
- 2 level teaspoons golden syrup
- 70 grams cornflour
- 1 heaped tablespoon plain four
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4-5 strawberries
- whipped cream
- icing sugar, (for dusting)
8Recipe is created for
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Preheat oven to 200 ⁰C
Weigh Raw sugar into TM bowl and mill 3 sec, speed 9, to make castor sugar. Set aside.
Clean and dry TM bowl according to instructions, ensuring it has been thoroughly cleaned.
While waiting for TM bowl to dry completely, prepare other ingredients, as follows:
Separate egg whites from yolks into two separate bowls
Combine dry ingredients and sift three times (This is a must for this recipe)
Prepare muffin cases in 12 hole tin
Insert butterfly into TM bowl, and place egg whites into TM bowl, with a pinch of salt (or cream of tartar). Whip egg whites 37⁰, speed 3.5 for 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form.
Continue to whip, with MC removed, 37⁰, speed 3 for approximately 3 minutes, and gradually add the milled sugar through hole in lid, being careful to add slowly. Then add egg yolks, and syrup using the same method, whipping for 1 minute, speed 3, or until combined and fluffy.
Using speed spoon, gradually sift flour mixture through the hole in the lid, until just combined.
Spoon mixture into patty cases and bake 10-15 mins until cakes spring back to shape when lightly touched. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Cut a circle out of the centre of each cake, using a sharp knife from the TM Tool Kit. . Cut each circle in half again.
Fill each cake with whipped cream, place 1 length of strawberry on top of cream, then a half circle on either side of the strawberry. Dust with icing sugar for decoration
Preparing the cakes
Decorating the cakes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- 3 Ingredient Easy Lemon Tarts
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Lemon cheesecake pots
- Hokey Pokey ice-cream slice
- Peanut butter bars
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Mars Bar Cheesecake
- Simple Jelly from Cordial
- Nutty Bliss Balls
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE FUDGE
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Variation Chicken & Leek Filling
- Cacao Chocolate Not Cross Buns
- Peanut butter bars
- Apple slice Yoghurt pancakes
- Beef curry pies (Pie-maker)
- Alicia's Tomato Sauce
- Healthier Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Brownies
- Chia Apple and Almond Porridge